Peter's New Friends

Peter stumbled down the hall, rubbing his eyes. He was absolutely exhausted and his phone kept telling him it was 3:17 pm on a Friday afternoon, but that had to be wrong. Last time he checked it had been Tuesday morning so something was wrong. 

In all honesty, he really didn't care what was wrong, if it was really a threat to him then his spidey sense would warn him. He had been in the mood for a sandwich for about two hours. Or maybe two days. Who knew. Certainly not Peter.

He opened the fridge and grabbed some bread, cheese, ham, lettuce, and mustard and got to work making probably the best sandwich the world had ever seen, so good that it would make Gordon Ramsey jealous of Peter's sandwich-making abilities. 

He had just put the final sandwich onto now large stack of sandwiches and was just turning around to go grab some milk when he heard a loud *poof* from behind him.

He spun around to see a jet-black, short, scaly version of a human being with horns and wings staring hungrily at the pile of sandwiches. 

Peter, being of a very sound mind, just said "Take as many as you want dude." And so the demon did. He devoured 5 sandwiches in less than a minute which even to a genetically-enhanced teenager is impressive. 

"So. What's your name?" asked Peter, figuring that if the thing liked sandwiches, it was probably friendly and anyways his spidey sense wasn't going off so that was good.

"You may call me Balthazar. And what shall I address you as?"

"Peter is fine."

"Ok.". And with that, Balthazar was gone.

-Le Time Skip-

Peter had almost forgotten the incident involving a demon from Hell and five of some pretty damn good sandwiches until he went to make more a couple of days later and Balthazar appeared again. 

This is right around when Peter discovered that no, Satan didn't have a hit out on him, demons just really loved sandwiches. 

So he told Balthazar that he and any of his friends were welcome in the tower at any time, just come find him and Peter would whip up some sandwiches. Balthazar seemed quite pleased with that news and disappeared once again.

-Oh Look, Another Time Skip-

Over the following few months, demons would pop in regularly to grab a sandwich or two and gossip with Peter. 

The demons now had a plan for Flash when he died and let's just say it wasn't the most pleasant thing one could dream up and Peter got to hear all of the latest juicy drama happening down in Hell such as Decarab's affair with Acalez and Jochmus's despair when he found out.

Peter never thought much about these interactions, his life was already pretty weird before this all started. 

One day when Peter and some of the Avengers were off fighting this week's new idiot with access to dangerous alien tech, one of the demons that Peter had become good friends with, Nysrog, appeared in the tower kitchen only to discover that nobody was there.

He went out in search of his friend to find Peter, Steve, Tony, Nat, and Stephen struggling to keep back a huge crowd of ugly cow-dragon hybrids from fully exiting the portal that the "villain" had created so he called up a few friends from Hell and they flew over. 

Upon spotting his friends, Peter called them over. 

"Hey, a little help over here?"

With their powers alongside the heroes, the demons were able to help get the animals into the portal and the man into custody. 

"Thanks, Nysrog, I really owe you one. Sandwich?" All 5 of the demons nodded hungrily and the group flew/swung over to the tower, leaving 4 very confused adults to just stare at the receding figures.