Chapter 4

Though others were in bed at this time, some were up causing mischief around the city of Ikebukuro. One was very well known to the whole city. His name, Izaya Orihara. He claims to love humans, but most people hate him. He doesn't mind it though, because as long as he loves humans he is glad.

Izaya was walking on the sidewalk next to the street when he saw Celty. She stopped next to him. "Why hello Celty, what are you up to this evening?" Izaya asked.

"Nothing much. I gotta get home so I will see you later" Celty typed before riding away.

"Well, that was a quick one. Oh well, might as well keep walking" he said to himself.

Some people thought he was a mad man. Others didn't really mind him. People made up rumors about everything and everyone in the city, so why was he any different than a rumor. Just another person walking these chaotic streets. Seeing where his legs take him.

Many people looked at Izaya but said nothing. It's like they were afraid that if they said something he would do something to them. This made Izaya laugh.

Humans being afraid of other humans? Hilarious! It's so strange how people here work, and even stranger when they are put under pressure.

He thought these thoughts only to himself, though. He kept walking until he made his way to the darker side of town. He knew well that this was where all the gangs would come and have mini fights and arguments. He didn't mind it though. He just continued humming to himself as he walked, a little skip in his step.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" He said as he spotted someone standing a few feet away from him down the alleyway.

"Oh, hello Izaya" Mikado said as he saw him. His expression was blank.

"Looks like your having a wonderful time by yourself" Izaya responded, with a slight snicker.

Mikado just stood there and stared at him for a second. "I'm waiting on Aoba to show up tonight but he's late. He usually is because then when I wonder if he bailed on me, he shows up" he said, with a cold smile.

"Yeah, that Aoba kid really is an interesting one. But come on, how can you hate all of humanity? It's like torture not liking anything to do with us! I mean, that means he must hate himself also..." Izaya continued.

Mikado sat there as he rambled on about humans. This happened quit often so he just sat there silently as the man talked. Once he stopped, Mikado said "I must be going now, I shouldn't be out here at the moment since I may be jumped or something. See ya."

"Leaving so soon? Well don't have to much fun" Izaya said, watching the boy walk away.

He got up and continued walking through the alleys. Some people would spot him but he would instantly be gone, confusing the hell out of them. As he walked he noticed another boy, who was clearly in the Yellow Scarves.

I wonder which one you are.... maybe just another Kida just let in without hesitation

Izaya was perched more up on a building, since he wanted to get a better view of the area. The boy turned around and started talking to another member of the Yellow Scarves.

Oh yes, Koji Yatabe. The Yellow Scarve's second in command. I thought I recognized the back of you head

Izaya let out a slight laugh. "I wonder what they are planning on doing tonight, maybe Kida will actually have a meeting and not bail."

Though he couldn't make out what the two were talking about, Izaya could tell that the other member was pissed. Perhaps it was because he believed Koji knew about the meeting being canceled and didn't tell the rest of the gang. Izaya just shrugged it off and went back onto solid ground.

"I would pay a visit tonight, but I have some other plans" he said to himself as he looked at the two boys.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Though Izaya did have plans, they didn't really go through. He ended up being chased by Shizuo which didn't really bother him all to much.

"Oh, why must Shizu-chan devote so much of his time to me? Maybe I'm super special to him" he said sarcastically.
He looked up at the slightly overcasted night sky. "Rain is in the forecast, it might even thunder a little" he smirked.

The man made his way home and did what he normally did, got on the group chat. When he hopped on, nobody was on there.

(Kanra has entered the chat room)

Kanra - Oh you guys are no fun! Always doing stuff now a days

Kanra - Oh well, have fun without me!

Kanra - Just not too much fun

(Kanra has left the chat room)

(Nobody is in the chat room)

"Wow, you guys can be so boring sometimes!" Izaya exclaimed. "But, there will always be peace before the storm" he muttered.

And like that, another night in Ikebukuro has passed. For some it was normal, others not. But to some, it is the start to hell as they know it.