Chapter 9

Happy birthday my trash king!!

Oikawa told me to put my hands together to receive his toss from over the net. I did as he said and once the ball came at me I rushed at it and clumsily ya hit it back.

"What was that Haru-chan?" Oikawa laughed at me.

"What? It would have been worse."

"Yes, but your arms are a mess. Here let me show you what to do." He said as he walked under the net to my side.

"Follow what I do."

I put my hands together like he did and he just sighed at me.

"What did I do wrong?" I was extremely confused.

"Your arm is a bit... not right." He moved his arms to try and fix mine but didn't touch me. I appreciated it but I was just confused at what he was trying to do.

"What like this?"

"No. Here." He then grabbed my arms and showed me how to hold them. I probably had a small blush on my cheeks since I heard a little chuckle from him. He got me into the correct position but he still held onto my arms while to my left and sort of behind me.

"Ok, you can let go." I whispered.

"Sorry." He rubbed his neck and moved back to his side of the net.

He then tossed the ball back and I hit it back but this time it was much better and more controlled.

"How was that?" I asked in my excited voice.

"A lot better." He gave me a genuine smile which made me smile even more. His smile is one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen.

"Stop it Haru." I whispered to myself but I think I said it a bit too loudly.

Oikawa's POV

What did she want to stop doing? Is she starting to like me?

"Hey Haru, I think we should start to head back, I don't want you to get into trouble." I was a bit nervous about what was happening between us so I wanted to think about it by myself.

"That's probably a good idea, but let's do a few more tosses before we go back." She seemed slightly disappointed that I wanted to go back.

I tossed to her a few more times and she was improving a lot! I was really impressed with how quickly she adjusted to my critiques.

"Alright, I'm ready to go." She wipes her head to get the sweat out of her face. She was really pretty with her long, black hair tied up in a ponytail. I quickly snapped out of the thought and put the volleyball back into my bag and started to walk back.

"How is everything at home? I hope I didn't start a huge thing, I didn't mean to." I told her.

"Nothing I can't handle." She smiled back.

Once we got out of the woods I tried to walk her part of the way back to her house but she thought it would be better if I didn't. I finally gave in and started on my way home.

Once I got home I saw a figure sitting on the stairs waiting for me. Once I got closer I saw that it was Iwa.

"Where were you?" He asked as soon as I got up to him.

"I was out practicing."

"Then why aren't you sweating or anything?" He gave me an unconvinced look.