Chapter 12

Every time that rooster head would do anything I could see Haru's face light up and her cheer for him. She'd do the same for Iwa but why not me? I was teaching her how to play volleyball and getting her food. Shouldn't she feel at least a little affection towards me?

As I was thinking the volleyball went right past my face and Nekoma scored again.

"Stay focused!" Iwa yelled at me.

"I'm sorry." I laughed it off but all of this was so frustrating that I really couldn't focus no matter how hard I tried.

Haru's POV:

Throughout the entire match I could see Oikawa struggling. Once there was finally a timeout I ran to Oikawa to make sure everything was okay.

"Oikawa are you alright? Did you hurt yourself or something?" A bit too much worry came out unfortunately and I assumed he would tease me about it.

"I'm fine." He answered but he didn't even look at me.

"Hey Oikawa are you sure nothings wrong?" I started to rest my hand on his shoulder but he quickly brushed it off.

"I have to join everyone else." Was all he said before he walked away.

I was slightly shocked by how distant he was there but I decided to try and ignore it and continue to cheer for him. Nekoma won the first set and Seijoh struggled to get the second but somehow they did.

"Oikawa you've got this!" I finally yelled. He turned to me with an odd expression but then he gave a small thumbs up to me. I returned it with a small smile and a nod as the match continued.

In the end Nekoma did win but Oikawa was back to normal with his harsh serves by the end which made my worry disappear.

"Iwa good job!"

"If that piece of trash was on his game the entire time we wouldn't have lost though." He sighed.

"Iwa-chan it wasn't my fault! Haru-chan was cheering for Nekoma." Oikawa pouted as he joined us to leave the gym.

"Well they do have a very attractive captain." I joked but I could tell Oikawa was taken aback.

"And he's a nice guy." Iwa added.

"That's true too! Kuroo is really an amazing player too! Have you seen his thighs?" I started yelling at Iwa.

"Looks like someone has a crush."

"No I don't Iwa." I gave a slight blush.

"I have to get back home, I'll see you guys at school tomorrow." Oikawa gave a small wave and walked off.

"What's up with him? He's been really weird today."

"I don't know." But I could tell that he was lying.

Once Iwa and I separated I walked a bit until I reached a hill where I saw a familiar head of black hair.

"Long time no see stranger."