Chapter 8

Daisy's POV

I checked everything I needed and put my backpack on. I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and went outside after locking my apartment.

I went to the bus station when it was time for the bus to come. My parents live on the other side of the city, almost outside of it. But it's peaceful out there.

The ride was almost an hour because of a traffic. I decided to live on my own when I collected money for the apartment. First two years of my college, I was driving for an hour every day to my college.

I'm happy that I'm on my own, but I also owe my parents for raising me. Maybe if they weren't stricter with me, I wouldn't be what I am now. But I always loved to do things on my own.

I was boring during the ride until it stopped. I got out and picked up my things. The bus left me on the station that was three streets away until I came in front of my house.

Our house isn't like a mansion thing, but it's really big. We have bigger driveway where I saw big black car. I didn't know who did it belong to, but maybe my dad bought new one.

I went straight to the front door and found the key in my purse. When I came inside, I smelled my home. I loved this scent. It reminded me of a childhood.

The house was empty and I knew that. My mom texted me this morning that they will be working until evening so I'm alone till then. I went upstairs in my old room.

It was just like I left her. My room has beige walls and walk-in closet. There is also a separate bathroom for me. I love my room. I like its brightness.

I unpacked my suitcase in the closet and changed my clothes into spandex shorts and oversized T-shirt. I got out of my room and went downstairs to eat something. I didn't really eat except small toast in the morning.

Our kitchen is big enough. My mom doesn't spend so much time in here so I'm using it when I come here. I put the pot with water on the stove to boil as I decided on mac and cheese.

Just when I turned around, I bumped my head into something hard.
''Ouch.'' I hissed and rubbed my forehead. I looked in the thing I bumped and saw muscular bare chest.

I looked up and was met with the familiar blue eyes. What is he doing here? Everything came back to me as I stared into his eyes.

''What are you doing here?'' I ask quietly.
''I'm here over the summer. Your father called me over.''
''Whole summer?''
''I think so. Anyway, how have you been?''
''Fine.''

I turned around and put the pasta in the pot when water was already boiling. I could sense his stares on me, but I was to nervous to look at him.

''Why are you angry?'' He suddenly asked.
''I'm not angry.'' I turned my head a bit at the side.
''I'm disappointed.'' I added.

''I shouldn't left so sudden, I know and I'm sorry.''
''You don't have to apologize. It was your choice. I don't care anyway.'' I lied and my heart ached. Of course I cared. He was the reason for my sleepless nights and I can't help myself, but love him unconditionally.

''You're lying.'' He said lowly. I could hear a hint of anger in his voice, but I couldn't back down now.
''I'm not lying. I don't have a reason to do so. I really don't care.'' I surprised myself because I didn't sttuter.

I finished with the meal soon. I didn't want to be rude so I decided to ask him if he wants to eat.

''Do you want to eat with me? I made mack and cheese.''
''Sure.''

I set the plates and forks on the table. I couldn't help but take a sneak pick of his defined chest. He was only in black athletic shorts and I could only stare at him. He is handsome as always.

My parents came after few hours and then told me about his stay. He is my dad's best friend since they were kids so it's kinda normal that he is here.

And what's worst of all, his room is next to mine. I didn't want him to be so close to me, but he already took that room. There is only a wall that separates us and I'm concerned.

I texted to Bernardo real quick before going to bed. This is going to be a long summer.