Chapter 11

Daisy's POV

I opened my eyes and felt something hard against my back. Big arm was around my waist, holding me tightly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I turned around and saw Bernardo still sleeping peacefully. Why is he sleeping in the same bed as me? I called back the events from last night when it dawned to me.

I asked him to stay with me because of the movie that happened three nights ago. I had nightmares from it just as I pressumed. I shouldn't watch that at all.

It was around 10 a.m. when I decided to text to another Bernardo. It's weird how they have the same name, but not related at all.

To: Bernardo
Morning!

I waited for reply, but there was none. I don't think he is sleeping. I should try again.

To: Bernardo
Hey! Are you up?

Again, nothing. But Bernardo's phone on my nightstand turned on. My curiosity caught the best of me and I decided to take a sneak peak. I carefully took his phone and looked over real quick to see him still sleeping.

There was notification about something on the lock screen. I pressed on it and saw messages exactly what I written few seconds ago. I sent another 'hi' when it showed up on his phone.

I was shocked first few minutes. He pulled me closer to his chest and stuffed his face in my neck. I'm so stupid to even think that were two different Bernardos.

Why did he do that? If he wanted to contact me so badly, he could just said who he is at the first place. I, now know, what he was talking about when he said I will hate him when I find out who he is. And he is right.

He is actually a liar. I can't believe I trusted him blindly. He is supposed to be my best friend. Best friends don't lie to each other.

I quietly moved away from him and got up. I rushed to the bathroom and took a long warm shower. I started crying while showering. I feel so betrayed.

I got dressed and got out of the closet. He was still sleeping as I just left my room. I don't know how will I face him when he wakes up, but I know it won't be pretty.

I went to the kitchen and decided to make scrambled eggs and French toast. I finished and sat down on a bar stool to eat. I feel so disappointed. I didn't expect this.

Just when I put plate in the sink, he came downstairs. He looked happy as I stared at him with blank expression.

''Morning!'' He said chirpily. I brought up my hand and slapped him.
''Daisy, what a—'' *slap*
''Are yo—'' *slap*

I went to slap him for the fourth time when he grabbed my wrist tightly. He squeezed it painfully, but I didn't want to show him that.

''What are you f**king doing?'' He greethed out. He was pissed, but I was pissed more.
''What you deserve.''
''What are you talking about?''
''You should keep up being an actor. It suits you, you liar.''

He probably caught up on what I said when he released my wrist. There was a huge red print shaped like fingerprints. I went to touch it, but it hurt. His eyes were big when he saw my wrist and went to take it.

''Don't come near me.''
''Daisy baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Let's put some ice.''
''No, leave me alone.''

I stormed off upstairs. I started crying, but not because of a wrist. He hurt me so bad and I thought I could trust him. Why I can't get rid of this stupid feeling I have for him?

Soon, I heard banging on the door.
''Daisy, let me see your wrist. I didn't want to hurt you. I'm so sorry. Baby, please forgive me.''

I slipped down the door.
''Why did you do that?'' I said.
''I don't want to talk to you over the door. Please baby, I want to see you.'' His voice broke down at the end.
''I'm not ready yet, Bernardo.''
''I'll wait for you. Just tell me you're okay.''
''I'll be fine.''
''Don't do something bad.''

I heard his footsteps getting away. I was so lost. I know I still love him deep down, but all I can feel now is betrayal and anger. This is so hard.