Chapter 12

Daisy's POV

It's been about two weeks since I didn't speak with him. His eyes are always red in the morning and I know what's the cause of them. He deserves it. Maybe I sound cold, but I want to let him taste his own medicine.

He said sorry so many times and I really believe he is sorry, but I don't want to forgive him so easily. I want to let him suffer longer so he could payback what he has done to me.

My parents weren't home and I haven't seen Bernardo anywhere so I was a little bit bored. I searched for something to do when I came across a recipe for cinnamon rolls. By reading the recipe, I figured out it would be easy to make.

I was doing this for half an hour and then baked it. I was happy with the final results. They tasted really well and this was my first time doing this.

I should do them more often. I served them in a nice plate. I started washing the dishes when door opened. He entered the kitchen. We didn't say anything to each other as he opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water.

He turned around and probably noticed food in a plate as he reached for one. He took a bite and his eyes changed.

''Did you made them?''
''Awhile ago.'' I said as I neatly placed the apron back.
''They're great.'' He smiled sadly and left upstairs.

I was thinking why did he react like that when I remembered. I shouldn't have made them. It probably reminded him of his mother. I feel so bad now.

I rushed upstairs and knocked few times on the door. There wasn't any response when I decided to enter. He was lying down on his back looking at the ceiling. There were few tears on his cheeks.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made them. I forgot.'' I said standing at the door.
''It's fine and I don't need your pity.''
''I was just trying to—'' He cut me off rudely.

''I don't care what were you trying to do. Afterall, I'm just a liar to you. You shouln't even talk to me as you have been doing that whole the time.''

''That's not even the matter we're talking about.''
''It's the same f**king sh*t. If you don't want to talk to me, don't talk to me at all.'' He spat as I flinched slightly.

''I'm sorry for trying to make you feel better. I should have known not to talk to you. As you wish.'' I said and went out of the door.

I just wanted to be nice to him after all he has done to me. I know he feels sad about his mother, but I'm not at fault for that. I met his mother few times when I was at his place. Such a wonderful woman.

I didn't know what to do as I went in my room. I was texting to Jane a little then I decided to look for a job at school. There is still a month until school starts so I want to get ready.

There was one school that was looking for geography teacher. It's a middle school that is not too far from my apartment. Conditions are good and I need to apply for a job. I think this will be good.

Middle school kids are okay. They are not too bratty as high schoolers. I think I will find my way with them. I just hope they will like me.

I soon found myself thinking about my middle school time. I was decent student. I was studying a lot and was on top in my class. It's in my nature to study hard.

It was already night when I finished watching few episodes on Netflix. I was sleepy so I put down my laptop and turned to the side to sleep.

I heard the door creaking open, but I didn't want to turn around. My bed dipped and arm sneaked around my waist. I smelled Bernardo's cologne.

He pulled me to his chest and I felt his breath on my neck. He probably thought I was sleeping and I didn't want to move. To not ruin anything, I fell asleep snuggling closer to him.