Chapter 9

Daisy's POV

I opened my eyes and saw beige ceiling. I don't have beige ceiling in my apartment. Then I remembered I'm at home. And everything that goes with it.

I got up from my bed and went to take a shower. I finished and got dressed in black shorts and sports bra. I'm going to be chilling all day and just doing nothing.

It was already noon when I got out of my room because my stomach started growling. I dragged myself to the kitchen to see most delicious meal in there.

Wait, what? Did I just think dirty? I shouldn't think like that. I'm a bad person then. I shook out my thoughts and went straight to the fridge.

''Good morning.''
''It's already a noon.'' He replied.
''I awoken half an hour ago so it's still morning to me.'' I said, maybe a little bit rude.
''Are you still mad at me?''
''I'm not mad at you. Why would I be?'' I said as I put two toasts in the toaster.

''I don't know, but by your replies seems your angry.'' I didn't even notice he trapped me with his arms. My heart was beating eratically with the closeness like this.

''I repeat, I'm not angry at you because I don't have a reason to be. Please, leave me alone.'' I said quietly the last part but he obviously heard me.
''What if I don't want to?'' He whipered in my ear. My eyes widened a bit and I put my hand on my flaming ear.

''I'm not going to be near you then.''
''Damn, Daisy.'' He punched the countertop with his fist loudly. I flinched at the sudden outburst. He is not going to hurt me, right?

''Did you really think I would hurt you?'' He whispered softly.
''No.''
''You did. You thought I would hurt you.'' He said as he moved away from me. Light breeze hit my back.

I heard his footsteps getting away and I felt bad that I got scared of him when I knew he is never going to hurt me. I finished my food and went upstairs.

I ploped down on my bed and decided to text to Bernardo. I was texting with him yesterday.

To: Bernardo
Hey!

From: Bernardo
Hey, bambina!

To: Bernardo
What's up?

From: Bernardo
Another bad day.

To: Bernardo
Why? What happened?

From: Bernardo
Nothing important. What about you?

To: Bernardo
If you say so. I just ate and I'm going to watch Netflix.

From: Bernardo
Chilling day, huh?

To: Bernardo
Yup. I'm going to be resting whole summer for all these years of college.

From: Bernardo
You're right. You should take a long rest.

To: Bernardo
I'm glad I talked to you.

From: Bernardo
Me too. I'll text you later. Enjoy your Netflix.

To: Bernardo
I will. Bye.

I put my phone down on the nightstand and opened my laptop. I decided on Friends. I always loved this show and I watched it at least three times.

I was in the middle of the episode when someone knocked on the door.
''Enter.'' I said when the door opened.
''What are you doing?''
''I'm on Netflix.''
''Can I join you?'' His eyes were sparkling in anticipation.
''Why not?'' I said feeling bad about before.

I scooted a little bit at the side of a bed enough to fit his large form. He ploped next to me and turned to the side. I didn't want him to notice my nervousness as I focused on watching show.

After three episodes, I heard light snoring next to me. I looked over him to see him already asleep. He suddenly put his arm over my stomach and laid his head on my chest.

I tried to remove his hand but he gripped my waist tightly. I gulped hardly as I thought my heart will jump out. He was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't have heart to shake him anymore.

I slipped my arm around his back and put it in his hair. It's so soft. When I last saw him, he had brown hair. Now it's grey. Even tho his hair is grey, he looks like he haven't aged at all. I'm surprised how he still looks so handsome.

I nuzzled my nose in his hair. It also smells good. I remember him when I was little. He was my hero. He always was. When my parents had work to do, he was taking care of me.

But something changed when I turned sixteen. It was not because I fell in love with him, but he changed demanour. After few months, he left. He didn't even came to visit me after spending so much time with him. He wasn't just a person I fell in love with, he was my best friend.

I removed my laptop on the nightstand carefully so I don't wake him up. I lowered myself until I was lying down next to him. I turned a little bit to the side when he pulled me closer. He was still sleeping. I closed my eyes and fell asleep too.