e l e v e n

you woke up to three missed calls from kendall and a bunch of texts.

girlfriend <3

don't know if you're up baby
but you left your clothes
im gonna bring them over in a bit
good morning
hope you're feeling better
i love you

you sighed. you still couldn't say it back. you stared at the screen for a moment before getting out of bed, still in your dress from the night prior.

okay thank you

you replied dryly, hoping she'd just return the clothes and leave. you really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. you got ready for the morning, quick shower, washed your face and got dressed.
and by the time you were ready, making your coffee, there was a knock on your apartment door. you went to open it and greeted kendall with a little "hey"

"good morning," she said with a small smile. she'd put your clothes in a little bag. you took it and stepped out of the way. it was clear she wanted to come in. "how are you feeling?" she asked.

"fine," you muttered. "coffee?" you asked her. she nodded.

you handed her your mug and made some more for yourself. she pushed herself up onto your counter and watched as you changed the pod. "what?" you asked her. she shook her
head.

"you smell nice," she whispered. you shook your head and crossed your arms, watching the coffee drip into the cup. "im really sorry about last night, baby," she whispered.

"it's alright," you whispered back.

"no, we were talking about you in a way we shouldn't have and that was wrong." you swallowed. "i just wanted to apologize, y/n, i don't know why i- you're your own person and- yeah," she breathed out. you looked up at her and she shrugged. "there's chocolate in the bag, if that makes it any better, which it really doesn't but i just wanted to-"

"thank you, kenny," you said.

she nodded. "you're really sweet, thank you." she nodded again, a little relieved you weren't too upset.

"you're welcome," she whispered, after a few moments of silence. "did you sleep alright?" she asked.

"yeah, came home and crashed," you said "you?" she shrugged. "hey what's that?" you asked, referring the tender skin above her left eyebrow. you moved between her legs. "is that a bruise?" you asked.

you reached up to touch the odd looking skin and she winced. you frowned. "its not too bad," she said. you looked at her.

"where'd it come from?" you asked. when she didn't answer, you swallowed. "was it bella?"

"we were just upset, happens once in a while," she said. you shook your head, rubbing your face. "hey, it's alright, don't worry ab-"

"you guys are fighting kenny," you said. "not just arguing, she bruised your face, is she alright?" you asked, worried. kendall's  face fell, a little jealous at your concern for bella.

"yeah, she's fine," she said. "she fucked up her hand," she said. you sighed.

"she already, fucked it up with glass, that same one?" when kendall nodded you let out a loud sigh. "you two," you whispered.

"we're fine, y/n, we're best friends, we'll get over it," kendall said. you rubbed your temples. "please, don't worry about it so much, we would never hurt each other that bad, bad enough to actually-"

"what were you fighting about, kendall?" you asked. she looked away.

"me?"

"we-"

"exactly, so no shit i'm worried, you two are fighting over me," you said, coffee's forgotten.

"i dont want to argue with you, darling," kendall whispered. "i love you, i don't want to argue about something that isn't even worth-"

"you could've gotten hurt ken," you whispered. she shrugged. "stop it, both of you, stop," you sighed, tears in your eyes.

"hey," she whispered, slipping down. she pulled you into her arms. "me and bels, we'll be fine by tonight," she whispered, pulling your head to her chest. "me and you? i dont even want to fight with you, babe, okay?" she asked.

you didn't respond. "i just want you to be fine, bella will get over it, always does, she's just jealous of us, okay? jealous i have you and she doesn't," she whispered. that was the fucking problem.

"and she'll get over it, because you and i are together, not you and her, and once she realizes it, she'll understand." you nodded.

"yeah," you whispered. but what if she doesn-

"we'll stay away from her until she calms down, okay?" kendall asked. "i'll come over more, you dont have to be there," she whispered. you nodded. "it's all gonna be okay, baby, i promise."

"no more fighting over me?" she smiled, pulling you up for a soft kiss.

"no more fighting."