f o u r t e e n

"love me?" bella slurred. you rushed out of your bathroom and grabbed a bottle of water. room temperature but it'd have to do.

you brought it back for her but by then she'd passed out, head against the mirror. you sighed, putting the bottle down.

"bels?" you whispered, shaking her shoulders. she didn't budge. yo tried to pull her off of the counter but to no avail. she was too heavy. you decided to leave her there, with no other choice.

you could call kendall but that would cause even more drama, and so, you left her in your bathroom, with some pills for when she awoke and the bottle of water.

you headed out to your kitchen to do some cleaning before checking on her again. and just as you walked in, bella was stirring away. you watched as she pressed a hand to her forehead and looked around, confused. you stepped in and she looked at you.

"y/n?" she slurred again. you sighed, picking up the bottle of water, she reached for it, but her arm fell limp. you held the bottle to her mouth and helped her take some in before pushing a pill between her lips.

"is that?" she asked.

"tylenol," you whispered. "can you get down, you can stay in my bed," you whispered. she slipped down, leaning her weight on you as you stumbled her into your room.

you sat her on the bed and she fell back. "come," she said, patting the space beside her. "just like that ti-" she hiccuped and you shut your eyes. "is kendall coming?" she asked.

"no, would you like me to call her?"

"she's mad at me," she said. "got her a brui-bruised shoulder," bella recalled. "but i look more dumb so, what's her problem?"

you didn't answer as you watched her mumble nonsense. "can I sleep?" she asked "yeah," you whispered. she closed her eyes and you walked over, sitting by her hand. you watched as she took your hand to hold while she drifted off. you let her hold it as you ran the other through her hair.

"y/n?" she mumbled, half-asleep, still drunk.

"hm?"

'why do you like kendall?" she asked. you didn't answer. "what's she got that i- i don't?" you didn't answer again, trying to let go of her hand. she held it tight. "is it her figure, i can- can work out too, i'm just a little lazy."

"no stop it," you whispered. she shut up then, closing her eyes and drifting off for good.

"baby?" kendall asked as soon as you picked up. you sighed, stirring the soup. it was almost dinner now. "y/n, bella's not here and im fucking freaking out, there's glass everywhere, smells like-"

"she's here, kenny," you whispered. "she came here drunk, hours ago, i got her cleaned up, she's sleeping."

"oh."

"it's okay, i was going to call you but she said you were mad at her so i didn't want to- yeah," you said. you heard kendall sigh. "she's okay, I'm making her soup."

"i'll come get her," kendall mumbled. you heard the car start.

"okay, i'll leave the door open."

you ended the call there as you turned the stove off, pouring the soup into a bowl. carrying it with your fingertips, spoon lodged between your teeth, you headed down to your room again, to see her still sleeping. you'd moved her under the covers once she'd started to shiver. "bels" you whispered, putting the bowl by your bed side table. "bella."

she woke up with a shake and looked up at you, blinking heavily. "i feel sick," she mumbled. you sighed as you helped her sit up.

"you drank way too much, bella," you sighed. she looked at you and you nodded. "i gave you all the dosages of tylenol so, you're ought to be tired."

"thank you," she whispered. you nodded.

"i made you, uh, soup," you said. she reached for it, but you could tell by the way her hands were shaking she wasn't going to be able to hold it. "here, i'll," you sighed as you picked up the bowl and set it in your lap as you sat.

"thank you."

"yeah." you blew on the spoonful off and held it to her mouth. she looked at you as she drank it. "kendall called."

"oh."

"she's coming to get you," you told her, blowing off some more. bella nodded slowly. "do you feel like you're gonna throw up?"

she shook his head. "it tastes really good." she opened her mouth and you smiled, feeding her.

you heard the front door open then and sighed as kendall walked into the room. bella looked down as kendall stared at the both of you. "are you feeding her?" she asked.

"she can't lift her arms, ken." kendall nodded, remembering your conversation this morning. "why don't you go have some too, she's almost done," you told her. kendall shrugged and walked out, clearly a little jealous.

"thank you," bella said, yet again. you smiled, shaking your head.

you fed her the rest of it in silence and pretended to ignore her staring at you. you helped her out of bed and into a new shirt of kendall's before walking out, her leaning on you.

"we're done," you said. kendall looked up from her phone and you gave her a smile. bella nodded as kendall came over.

"are you okay?" bella nodded. no more fighting.

"yeah," she said, as kendall hooked an arm under her, so they could walk.

"you want some to take home?" you asked. they both shook their heads and you nodded, leading them out. "keep taking tylenols every few hours, okay? drink lots of water."

"thank you," bella mumbled, afraid kendall would yell at her if she looked you in the eyes.

"no problem." kendall reached over to kiss you and bella looked away. "bye, kenny."

"bye baby," she said. you waved as they walked down the hall of your building and you smiled as bella looked over her shoulder to give you a wave.