Chapter Six: The Day After The...Embarrassing Match(That Slytherin Won, BTW)

Next two or three chapters(including this one) has a trigger warning. If your parents have been doing this to you, call child support or the police. Be safe.

I screamed as I woke up sharply. I was panting, gasping for breath as I put a hand on my back where a bunch of scars were. I just had another nightmare. Of my parents whipping me.

I sighed as my heart rate slowed as I slowly got up, changing into a tight-fitting black turtleneck sweater, a dark green plaid skirt, a black belt, combat boots, and a leather jacket, stuffing my wand in my jacket pocket before styling my blonde hair in two small space buns and headed out of my dorm, trying to mask my falling tears.

I wiped at my tears but they just kept falling. "Just stop crying, for Salazar's sake, Eva!" I muttered to myself harshly, pulling at the grass underneath my willow tree. But my tears just fell faster.

"I wish my body wasn't made up of 70% water. Maybe then I'll be able to not cry," I muttered. I buried my face on my knees, my hands pulling at the bottom of my hair as I sobbed.

"Just stop it, damnit!" I screamed, not even caring if I woke everyone up. Actually, they wouldn't be woken up because I wasn't even near the dorms.

"You know, they say that the first sign to insanity is when one talks to themselves, darling," a voice causally stated.

I sniffed, not even turning as I flipped him off meekly and coldly responded, "Not in the mood, James," I said coldly.

James chuckled slightly. "That was really icy. Even for you, Darling," he said back.

I rolled my red and watery eyes slightly. "What do you want me to say?" I snapped, turning around finally. "Do you want me to insult you again? Maybe curse you? Flip you off? Tell you that my parents hit me? Maybe the slight fact that I had a nightmare?! What do you possibly want?!" I screamed at him, a tear making its way down my cheekbone.

James closed his mouth before walking over to me and sitting down next to me. "I'm sorry," he whispered, snaking his arm around my narrow shoulders.

"For what? For laughing at me? You got to be more specific," I said harshly. But the weird thing was that I didn't push off his arm. It felt weirdly comforting; like no one could harm me while his arm was around me. And there's always the fact that I'm like a head shorter than him.

James shook his head. "No. For making your life harder than it already is for the past 3 months," he stated.

My mouth parted slightly before I answered. "Why, thank you," I said, snuggling closer into his(rather warm)embrace...god, what was happening to me?!

James chuckled slightly. I could feel his body vibrating under...wait. Let me rephrase. I could feel his body vibrating next to me. Yeah.

"Again with your sarcasm," he said, pulling me a little closer than before, enveloping me in his-wait. No. Bad, Eva. He's literally just your friend. Nothing more.

I sniffed before scoffing. "That was not sarcasm, thank you very much. It just sounded like it," I mumbled out the last part.

James leaned us back against the trunk of the tree. He was silent for a moment before talking again, his gorge-his hazel-his brown eyes glinting with worry. "What did you mean when you said that your p-parents...hit you?" he asked, pushing up his glasses.

I tensed up a bit before answering the blasted question. "It means what it says. My parents hit me," I said with an air of nonchalance.

James' eyes widened a fraction. "What?" he breathed, un(yeah, right)consciously rubbing my back. Where my scars were.

I let out a half-scoff, half-sob. "Well, not everyone can have a perfect Potter lifestyle," I whispered, furiously wiping my tears. I was furious at myself that I sounded a little...sad. Even bitter.

James inhaled sharply. He decided to ignore my comment, apparently, because the next thing he did surprised me. A lot.

He untucked my turtleneck. Yeah.