Chapter Thirteen: I'm Shit Now.

Slight Trigger Warning

"What the fuck, Auxatia!" Albus yelled at me, advancing towards me with seething rage and pushing me back. I fell onto my back on the stone floor. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. Because bloody hell, I was scared.

"What the effing bloody hell. What the hell. What in Christ's name. Name it. Give it to me for 5 minutes," I drawled in a bored tone, standing up from the floor and striding to lean on a wall. "I can take it. You can even hit me if you want. Although," I smirked a little which took up a lot of energy. "It is really unfair to hit a woman."

Roars of anger went up and suddenly, voices overlapped each other and yells filled the hall.

"How dare you, you wench!"

"What the hell!"

"How can you even say that?! I thought-"

"I invited you over to my house. I thought you-"

"How could you-"

"Maybe you should've just died in hell!" someone screeched. At that, I giggled a little.

"Why're you laughing?! You think hurting James in front of the whole school is funny, you messed up whore?!" Dominique screeched, jabbing a finger at me.

Now, I was never that close with her because she was always a bitch to me but this. This crossed the line.

I strided forward and got in her face and smiled sweetly. "You're calling me a whore? Better go look at your track record, honey," I said, sarcasm dripping off of my words.

"You-!" Dominique started before Fred pulled her back.

"She's not even worth it, Dom," he assured her, glaring at me. I glared back at him, my eyes flashing a silver grey for a moment.

Then, the yells started again. Well, until someone hit me.

A crack resounded in the hall, making everyone fall silent. I actually thought they would take less time to hit me but, I guess dreams don't always come true.

"You pathetic piece of shit," Lorcan snarled, slapping me on my face.

I recoiled a little, pursing my lips, not even feeling the pain on my face because I was so used to it by now. "Piece of shit, am I? Was I a good piece of shit when you decided to date me and then leave me for another slut? Hmm?" I asked, grabbing Lucy Weasley's wrist in a vice-grip as she went to slap me.

"You-you," Scamander stuttered before Scorpius pushed his way through, his silver eyes glistening with anger and...sadness?

"How can you even say that, Eva?" he asked, prying Lucy's wrist from my fingers.

I stepped closer to him, finally letting a tiny fraction of my emotions show. "Because, I don't really want to die," I replied shortly.

A laugh sounded from the group behind us.

"From who? Your parents?!" someone cackled. I think it was Hugo or Hughy? I forget.

"Yeah! What're they going to do? Hit you? Slap you? Please!" Fred added.

I leaned away from Scorpius, my face flashing dangerously. "Why, in fact, you're right on track!" I exclaimed with sarcasm. "Oh the irony of it all! Just add some whipping, cursing, beating, disowning-maybe-, being banned from the family in there and you lot're gonna be correct! Maybe some family insanity and A DEGRADING SELF-CONFIDENCE TOO!" I shrieked hysterically, clutching my own arms in emotional pain. They actually didn't know how I felt. How would they? They lived a perfect life.

Dominique scoffed. "Hah! Your excuses and lies are terribly pathetic," she said.

Scorpius turned back to me. "I thought I knew you. You know, you were like an older sister to me, Eva. What happened to you? I thought that you were the last person who-"

I cut him off, "YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME, MALFOY?!" I screamed, tears in my cloudy blue eyes. I ripped up my shirt to expose my scars, rips, and slashes on my back. "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! I was tired of being called useless, slutty, muggle-loving, and a disgrace to the family each bloody year! I WAS TIRED OF BEING PUNISHED BY A FUCKING WHIP AND GLASS JUST BECAUSE I TALKED TO YOU! YOU!" I shrieked, furiously wiping at my eyes which were spilling tears. "I was tired of being called-called a spoiled brat! Tired of being whipped every hour of every day during the holidays just because I HUNG OUT WITH "PERFECT BLOODY BLOOD-TRAITOR POTTERS!" Or maybe better! The "messed up, muggle-loving, half-breed Weasley lot!" I screamed in stress and punched the wall, making my knuckles break immediately. I panted in a breath. "I was tired of constantly being ignored, trying to stand up for people I didn't even like, for instance," I spit out. "Like Dominique Weasley! Or maybe Lupin?! ALBUS?! SCORPIUS?! HARRY. BLOODY. POTTER?! I was sick and tired of my own parents treating me like a piece of gum under their shoes, okay?! I was tired of harassment and self-loathing! I WAS TIRED OF BEING A PET! I was tired of being treated like a slave. I WAS TIRED OF DEFENDING YOU LOT! I WAS FUCKING TIRED OF LIVING!" I screamed, sliding down on the floor. "I was tired of being called worthless and whipped over and over until my back was bloody and bruised. And when I try to not die and when I try to obey my parents for once in my life, you lot come running after me, words lashing out, slaps coming, and curses thrown at me! Do you even know how that feels?! How it feels to be constantly under the thought that one toe out of line and you'll literally be killed?!" I screamed up to the ceiling. Then, I looked at Scorpius with tears in my eyes again. "But you knew," I whispered, standing up with effort. "You knew everything yet you still didn't think once of how I would feel. How, maybe, I was forced to do this because I didn't want to die. And I hate you for that. I hate every single one of you." I set my piercing stare onto Lily and Scorpius. "Especially you two. Because you knew. YOU FUCKING KNEW!" I screamed once more before pushing past Albus, Scorpius, Lily, and Dominique and running away to the Astronomy Tower.

If I stayed longer, I would've seen James behind a statue. I would've heard Scorpius cry. I would've seen Lily hang her head in disappointment at herself. I would've seen the shocked faces of the people who were screaming at me not two minutes ago. And I would've seen a single tear slip down James' cheek and fall to the floor.

But I didn't. I didn't and I ran to the Astronomy Tower to calm myself and cry freely.

Sorry...

-Dominique M.