Chapter Eleven: The Blasted Howler(It's Actually Blasted Because It Blew Up)

I dragged myself down to the Great Hall, wearing light khaki coloured spaghetti top, flowy cargo trousers, and a light khaki overcoat that was-swear to Salazar-Scorpius'.

I nodded a greeting at Al, Em, and Scorp and plopped down on the bench, filling my cup with Camomile tea, which, in my opinion, is the best tea witches and wizards have ever created.

I choked on the said tea when my black family owl came flying in with two red envelopes.

"Ah, shit," I muttered, standing up and catching my letters in my hand.

Suddenly, just as I was about to leave the Great Hall, the bigger one flew open and hell came to me.

"Shit!" I screamed as the letter flew out of my hands.

That got everyone's attention.

"Look! Auxatia has a Howler!" someone cackled.

The letter burst open.

"EVAGALINE CARA AUXATIA!" the letter screamed in my mother's high-pitched voice.

"Yes, mother?" I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"HOW DARE YOU FRATERNIZE WITH FILTHY BLOOD TRAITORS AND THOSE MUGGLE AND MUDBLOOD-LOVING PEOPLE!" I hid my face in my hands, my face burning.

"Christ, Mother! Why don't you just tell the whole world what I did!" I hissed. I was talking to a Howler. Salazar, I'm going insane.

The Howler didn't skip a beat.

"AND EVEN KISSING THAT JAMES SIRIUS POTTER! THAT-THAT THING! HOW DARE YOU! YOU HAVE GOT TO ACT YOUR AGE AND ACT YOUR STATUS, EVAGALINE! DO NOT DISAPPOINT THE AUXATIA FAMILY!" my mother shrieked.

I paled by 3 shades as I looked at the Howler in horror. How did she figure out?

The Great Hall snickered. How dare they snicker.

"UNTIL WE GET CONFIRMATION FROM OUR SOURCE THAT YOU HAVE STOPPED FRATERNIZING WITH THE WRONG SORT, YOU WILL BE HEREBY BANNED AND DISOWNED FROM THE AUXATIA FAMILY! GOOD DAY!" the Howler screeched once more before it ripped itself up.

That escalated quickly.

My eyes were wide in horror and tears gathered in them. I was disowned. I was disowned. In front of my whole school, I was disowned by my parents. Someone who was supposed to love me unconditionally, no matter what. But they disowned me. Just because I kissed a boy I liked. Just because-

"Eva!" James called, standing up from the bench.

I glanced at him, to his gaping friends, to my shocked looking friends, and choked back a sob, running out the Great Hall, ripping my other Howler into pieces, my coat flowing behind me.

Tears streamed down my face as I ran up the steps to the Astronomy Tower and collapsed onto the floor, my fists pounding on the cold stone floor. I screamed at the top of my lungs, pulling at my hair.

"I hate you!" I screamed, sobbing uncontrollably. Yes, I didn't like my parents or my family, for that matter, but they were still my family. It was my home. Being disowned meant that I had no home, no parents, no money, no nothing. All my belongings were my parents' now.

Suddenly, warm arms hugged me from the back, pulling me onto his lap. "Shh," he whispered, stroking my hair. "It's okay."

I buried my head in James' shirt and sobbed. "No, it's not!" I sobbed, my tears soaking his shirt quickly.

James pressed a fleeting kiss(as if he was nervous)to my forehead. "It might not be okay right now, but it'll be okay," he soothed, wrapping my coat around my body more tightly.

"I'm disowned!" I wailed, pounding on James' chest harshly. He didn't seem to mind.

James kissed my nose. "Yes, you are," he replied.

I scoffed. "You're n-not e-exactly helping," I muttered, snuggling close to him for warmth. It was the middle of January for Salazar's sake!

James chuckled as he leaned his head on mine. "But you'll always be a part of my family," he stated suddenly. His cheeks immediately turned pink and he stuttered. "I-I mean, if-uh-if you w-want to be my, uh, g-girl...friend...?" he trailed off, not meeting my gaze.

If he did, he would've noticed the tears in my eyes and-JESUS CHRIST! What is wrong with my emotions today?! I'm not even on my period! Salazar!

"Aves?" James prodded. "Uh."

I smiled sweetly, snuggling closer to him and leaning my head on his chest. "Yeah," I whispered softly. "Yeah, I'll be your girlfriend," I repeated.

James smiled so big all of a sudden that I thought his cheeks would break. "Really?! That's amazing! I-I mean, it-you-I wasn't-it didn't come-I didn't really-" he stuttered, looking at me fearfully.

I laughed softly, circling my arms around his torso. "Shut up, pretty boy," I mumbled.

James grinned that cheeky smile. "Pretty boy? Are you calling me pretty?" he asked, playing with the straps of my shirt.

"No," I stated, leaning back.

"Are you sure?" he teased, grinning.

"Maybe," I responded before smirking and pulling his head down for a kiss. A proper one, this time.

Fireworks erupted in my body. It felt really good to have someone like me the way I was. My parents never did that and right now, if I could spend countless days with James, I could just-

"Eva!" someone yelled as the door burst open.

I fell off of James in a fright and James jumped back suddenly from surprise.

In the doorway was a panting Albus and Scorpius looking as shocked as James was right now.

I growled. "You just had to interrupt my session, did you!" I snarled at them, shivering slightly from the loss of James'(technically my boyfriend but IDK)warmth.

Scorpius wiggled his eyebrows at me and Albus gagged. "You guys are disgusting!" he exclaimed.

I scoffed. "Puh-lease! Don't think I haven't seen you eat off Michelle Tracey's face in the common room," I stated, jabbing him in the ribs and going down the stairs. About halfway, I looked back at the three shocked boys. "YOu coming or you gonna freeze up there?" I asked. Before adding my usual dose of a snarky comment. "Cause if you do, I don't really care."

And with that, I turned on my heels and sashayed to the Slytherin common room, the only thing on my mind being: How the fuck was I going to tell James that I couldn't be his girlfriend. And for him to forget what I said "impulsively?"

Damn I had a hard life. 

Don't hate me!

-Dominique M.