Chapter Fourteen: Why Did You Even Return?

I was still sobbing in the Astronomy Tower about...what was it? An hour? Two? Three even? Did they even feel guilty at all? Were they crying like I was right now? Wanting to curl up in pain and make a hole and fall into it? I wanted to do that. Preferably in the next minute or so.

"Eva?" someone meekly whispered.

My head snapped towards the sound, my hands furiously wiping my tears from my face. "W-what?" I tried to snap in a shaky voice.

With that, someone came out of the shadows. And it was the person I thought I would see last.

James. Bloody. Potter.

"Are-are you okay?" he asked me, looking down and pushing up his glasses.

I stood up shakily and forced a smile. "Why wouldn't I be? It's not like your big ass family yelled at me or anything," I muttered the last part sarcastically. "Although, I did deserve that," I whispered, pushing past him and trying to go down the stairs.

James grabbed my wrist and spun me to his chest. "I'm sorry," he said.

My eyes looked confused. What the hell was he apologizing for. "The hell are you apologizing for?" I asked, pulling away from his grasp and going back onto the deck, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

James followed me and held my hands in his. "I'm sorry I didn't fully know about your situation," he murmured, rubbing circles on the back of my hand. "I'm so sorry for letting you go back during New Year's. For kissing you and-and liking you and-uh-telling you that I liked you when I didn't even know what you were going through and I know-"

"Thank you," I breathed, interrupting his rant and leaning forward to give him a big hug.

James looked shocked, his glasses askew. "Wh--what?" he stuttered.

I buried my head in his chest and held him tightly. "Did I bloody stutter?" I asked, a teasing edge to my voice.

James shook his head lightly. "So you like me too? Or was this also part of your plan to-"

"Shut up," I ordered before kissing him.

James immediately smiled into the kiss before suddenly breaking it and leaning down to look me in the eyes. "You're going to deny your feelings again tomorrow, right?" he accused, sighing as he stepped away from me.

I scowled as I slid down onto the floor. "I just-I'm-my-i'm afraid of what my p-parents are gonna do, okay?" I muttered harshly but James seemed like he didn't care.

Instead, he surprised me by coming closer, kneeling down, and gently caressing my cheek and running his thumb over my cheekbones. "Evagaline," he breathed.

I looked down through my lashes, a blush quickly climbing onto my cheeks and dusting it red. "Wh-what?" I tried to snap but it was very much obvious that I was flustered. That, and the blush gave it away. Probably the blush more so than my speech.

James chuckled, helping me stand up. "What do you mean, 'what?' " he slowly asked back.

I gulped. Jesus, what was this boy doing to me? I slowly backed up, only to crash into a wall behind me. "Uhm," I mumbled, not being able to come up with words at how close James Potter was to my lips. Wait. Did I say lips? I meant my face.

"Who cares what your parents think?" he muttered, trapping me between his arms. His hazel eyes darted quickly towards my lips before settling on my ice-blue eyes. "You're the one dating the hottest boy in the school," he growled and then grinned cheekily.

I sighed in frustration and was about to retort something back at him when a warm pair of lips crashed down on my open ones, his(You can skip over this part if you want) tongue sliding into my mouth without a warning and pushing me to the back wall of the Tower. He grabbed my waist and one of my arms snaked around his torso and the other was dragged into his hair. A deep fire started in my stomach as he rubbed circles on my hip and pushed me further up the wall. It felt like one of the WWW fireworks erupted in my stomach.

"J-James," I moaned as he kissed me harder.

"Mhmm?" he hummed.

"M-my parents?" I squeaked, threading my hands through his curly-ish hair.

We panted as we broke apart, my hands still buried in his hair and his arms still protectively wrapped around my waist. James leaned down and nuzzled my neck. He quickly kissed my pulse point and looked at me with determination in his eyes.

"I'll protect you," he whispered, leaning closer.

I panted, still not over from the, ahem, snog. "B-but. My parents," I mumbled again, looking up to see James' eyes mist over for a moment before hardening.

"You can come live with me during holidays. You don't even need to go back," he whispered, pulling me close and resting his head on my head.

"You...promise?" I asked meekly, not fully believing him.

James hummed in agreement. "I promise. And when you feel comfortable enough, we can go back and get your stuff from that mansion," he added.

I snorted slightly. "It's called an estate, you moron," I retorted.

I could feel James smile. I walked into that one. "Yeah, but I'm your moron," he said.

I groaned, looking up at him again with wide eyes. "So what are we?"

James looked at me with adoration(well, I hoped it was adoration because I'm NOT cute). "What do you want us to be?" he asked, pushing up his glasses.

I traced patterns along his arm. "I-I don't know how to word this. Damnit," I mumbled, brushing my hair over my shoulder.

James laughed slightly. "Would you-um-like to be my girlfriend, Aves?" he asked, running a hand through his hair.

I smiled at him. "I would love to. And I'm not lying this time," I whispered, hugging him tightly.

James chuckled and swooped down to kiss me.

And of course, the door to the Tower opens right then and there. Not even giving me a chance to experience a snog. Good Salazar!

The top picture was just random, BTW. Still looks good tho.

-Dominique M.