Chapter Eight: The Potter's Christmas Ball

James POV (I know, right?!)

I leapt out of bed the moment my alarm rang. Today was New Year's. It was also the annual "Potter Christmas Ball." It's kind of weird. Like, it's not even on Christmas but it's called a Christmas ball.

But anyways, that's not the point. Today was the Christmas Ball. Which meant that we dressed up. But that wasn't the best part. The best part was that Eva agreed to be my "date." But-and I quote- "Only because I hate Albus right now, I can't really go with your parents, being Lorcan's date is hella awkward cause he's my ex, and if I go with Lily, we'll get weird looks from your big ass family. So, you're the only one left."

She'll admit she likes me soon enough but just accepting to be my date was literally enough to keep me giddy for like 2 weeks. But still. It was bloody exciting! Evagaline Auxatia was. My. Date! My crush! Well, more like love at this point. I don't know.

Every time I look at her(which is a lot, might I add)I get butterflies in my stomach, I can't think properly, and I start smiling and blushing. When I saw her crying(two times, might I add, again)I felt tears in my eyes and-Godric! This is so cheesy! What have I become?

Five Hours Later

Eva's POV:

"Eva! Are you ready?" Lily asked through the guest room door.

"Yeah!" I responded. Seriously, spending Christmas break with the Potters was like my favourite decision ever.

The door opened and Lily came in, dressed in a knee-length, dark blue, silk dress with matching blue and silver heels. Her hair was in ringlets of red framing her face and her green-brown eyes were lined with eyeliner and mascara, her lips were a light pink. She looked really pretty.

"You look gorgeous, raven!" I half-squealed, winging my eyeliner flawlessly as I talked.

Lily blushed a little. "Thank you," she smiled. Her eyes darted over to my dress(which I didn't have on yet) and smirked. "That dress is bomb. Jamsie is going to be drooling over you tonight," she teased, helping me pin my hair up.

My makeup was very simple. Eyeliner, mascara, pink lips, and some highlighter and bronzer along my cheekbones. My blonde waves were pinned up at the sides of my face so it made two half-up half-downs.

Then, for my dress.

"Lil, can you zip this up?" I asked Lily, turning around in my dress.

"Of course!" she said, zipping up the zipper. "You look gorgeous, Eva," she squealed again.

My dress was a deep red dress with a daring v-line on the front. The back dropped a little which made me cover up my scars with some charms but that was easy. There was a piece of fabric going around my waist and tying at the back, and a slit on the right side coming to my mid-thigh. And, there was also the fact that it was tight on my body. That always helps.