SULLY's DINER

[ alternatively : thank you Cora ! ]

CATALINA SWAN WAS OVER THE MOON ABOUT having her job back at Sully's Diner. Cora had taken her back without a second thought, given that not only was her dad customer #1, the girl had worked there since forever (and was a lot better at customer service than Genevieve). So she stood behind the counter, apron tied around her waist as  she flicked through the newspaper that a customer had left; scanning the paper.

"Top up, Mr Owens?" She asked, lifting the coffee pot to pour the man another drink.

"Table seven needs clearing." Came Cora's call from the kitchen, Cata rolling her eyes to Genie who was loitering taking a table's order. A pretty girl their age that Cata vaguely recognised from the Reservation sat on the table, a soft smile pulling at her lips as Genie spoke to her. Her pad open in front of her, but her pen still tucked behind her ear.

"Stop flirting with the customers." Cata muttered lowly as she walked past Genie. "Last time I'm cleaning a table in your section."

"Good thing you love me so much." Genevieve goaded with a smile, laughing lightly as she nudged her shoulder before walking away. "I guess I should take your order, then." Cata heard her tell the girl, unhooking the pen from behind her ear.

Clearing the plates quickly, Cata wiped the table down as quickly as she could before trying to balance the cutlery and glasses as she walked back to the counter. "I'll take them." Genie's hands moved forward to take the cups from her as she fell into step with the Swan girl. "Wants a milkshake." She muttered, eyes darting to the girl behind them.

"I better make that then, don't want her running off after a sip of the sludge you make."

"Watch it."

The girls pushed through the doors to the kitchen, dropping the dishes in the sink before walking back out to the front of the Diner. "Right, I'll make that. And can you - I don't know - do some work?"

Genie just rolled her eyes in reply, but left to go take the order of the family who had just walked through the door, leaving Cata to make the milkshake to wow Genie's next conquest. At the sound of the bell's jingle above the door, Cata glanced up; her breath catching in her throat at the sight of the customers that had just walked through the door.

Here's to the reintroduction of babysitter #1.

And a woman who was not Leah Clearwater.

Furrowing her eyebrows at the sight of the hand that rested on the woman's waist; she quickly realised her babysitter's new girlfriend was the least of her issues when her eyes caught on to the tattoo on his shoulder. A tattoo her grandma had showed her pictures of - again and again until the young girl understood what it meant.