DOCTOR DRACULA

[ alternatively : charlie gets protective ]

CATALINA WAS TIRED. NO - SCRATCH THAT, EXHAUSTED.  Bella had kicked up a fuss at the idea of going to the hospital, and Cata could only place a placating smile on her face as she listened to her sister's complaints - she understood, she didn't want to be there anymore than her sister did. Alleviating Tyler's pain had made her whole body ache, and she'd had to pinch her nose as it bled heavily, blood gushing down her top as they waited for the ambulance. Shame, she loved that top. Must be the stress, she had excused herself when everyone looked to her curiously, every muscle in her body screaming for her to lie down.

She felt like she'd tried to stop the van with her bare hands.

"Bella!" Came the frantic call of their father, the Chief of Police tumbling his way into the room Bella was being treated in, an open curtain being the only thing to separate Bella and Tyler (who's head was now bandaged). Cata kept wandering over every few minutes, a friendly hand resting on his shoulder as she asked how he was - each time less painful than the last. He looked like he needed it, and Cata wasn't sure how else to help, even if it meant she was becoming lightheaded from blood loss. "You and I are gonna talk." Charlie snapped, a threatening finger pointed in Tyler's direction.

Cata watched through bleary eyes from where she sat in the chair besides Bella's bed, head leaning in her hand as Tyler's eyes widened almost comically as he recognised the chief of police.  "I'm completely fine, Dad." Bella tried to console him, "There's nothing wrong with me."

"I tried to stop, Bella." Tyler tried to apologise again, a frantic look in his eyes.

"Tyler, it's okay." Bella shook her head.

"No, it sure as hell is not okay." Charlie snapped. "You could've been killed."

"But she wasn't." Cata tried to appease him.

"And what happened to you?" Charlie demanded, ignoring the boys words as he looked to his other daughter, who's top was stained with a dark red.

"Stress nosebleed." Cata replied nonchalantly paired with a shrug of her shoulders. "What spending time with this one does to you." She tried to joke, nodding to Bella.

"I resent that."

"The facts are all there." Catalina shrugged.

"You haven't had one of those in ages." Yeah, dad. Cata felt like screaming. I haven't had to use my powers like this in ages.

The consequences of Cata's powers differed; sometimes she could bring storm clouds into the sky, and not even bat an eyelid. Other times, well - this happened. It mainly had to do with her emotional state when she used her powers, if she was scared or angry it meant a few days with achy bones.