PROM ?

[ alternatively : happiness is a butterfly ]

CATALINA SWAN HAD HEALED. MORE OR LESS. OR AT LEAST THAT's WHAT she told Charlie. And Bella. And Paul. And Rose.

And so had Emily. The scars were still thick, and red and angry and running across her face like an almost permanent reminder of that night. She couldn't look at them sometimes. Neither could Sam.

So, Charlie Swan finally let up and said she could go to the prom. As long as Paul was there to look after her. I can look after myself, Dad she had laugh lightheartedly. Give your old man peace of mind, golden girl. But it was fine, because at least he trusted Paul as much as Cata did. Most of her week was spent with her eyes glued to the television, tucked under Paul's arm (at least when he wasn't on patrol), helping Emily look at herself in the mirror again. So, it sort of made sense that her and Paul would go to the prom together - there was no way she was getting out of it either. Genie and Rose had done little else but practically beg her to go.

"Stop fucking moving." Rose snapped for what seemed to be the hundredth time, a stern look on her face as she tried to brush bronzer over the Swan girls face.  Cata released a light giggle as she closed her eyes as an eyeshadow brush loomed over her face, shifting her legs so she was more comfortable.

Her and Rose had decided to get dressed at Cata's - mainly due to Charlie's insistence so he could keep an eye on her, while Bella was getting ready with Alice at the Cullen's.

"There." Rosalie smiled lightly with one last flourish of a brush, leaning back smugly to grin at her work.  Her own makeup was already done, her soft pink dress already clinging to her curves. "You look more..."

"Alive?" Catalina smiled, her lips curling around her words as she leant over to grab her lipstick, pulling the soft red across her lips.

Rosalie's face fell at her words, dropping the brush she was holding onto the table as she turned away, her eyes sticking to the mirror as she flushed her dress against her as she looked to her reflection. Her mouth pressed together tight.

"Rose-."

"Don't joke about it." The blonde spoke quickly, her tone tense as she looked through her reflection to Cata, who sat with her hair curled almost to perfection, her eyes lined with eyeliner and cheeks filled with shimmer. I was scared.

Sorry.

"Anyway!" Rose clapped her hands together, a smile replacing her frown as she turned back to her friend. "Time for you to put your dress on, Paul will be here soon."