YES, I'M CHANGING

[ alternatively : gordon ramsey who? ]

PAUL LAHOTE HAD CHANGED, OR MAYBE HE HAD JUST BECOME HIMSELF. IT WAS HARD TO TELL. Not that Jared or Sam could help him, they barely knew the boy three days ago. But he had become angrier, the slightest thing sending him shaking until fur ripped through his skin and growls ripped from his mouth. He had always been the boy you would find in the centre of a fight, but this was worse. So much worse and he didn't know how to stop it.

Cata had been busy at the hospital, Carlisle sneaking her in after visiting hours to pull Mr Lahote's wounds back together until Dr Cullen could wander in the next morning; 'Good news, Mr Lahote. You can go home today.' And his father would trot off home, only images of a bear tearing through his skin because Cata didn't trust the man - even when he lay there bleeding. 

"Jared, I swear to fuck, turn this shit over." Paul snapped, head lolling on the arm rest of the sofa, his hand lifting to throw the cushion from the couch to the boy on the opposite side of the room who had the remote gripping in his hand.

"Nah, this is good." The Jared boy goaded, his hands moving behind his head as he mocked the boy.

"Jared." Paul snapped. "It's shit."

"And that is a matter of opinion. In my opinion I chose to think of Spongebob as a cinematic masterpiece; truly should've won an Oscar-." The Cameron boys mocking words were cut off as a coaster went flying in his direction, an indignant hiss coming from him as a bruise blossomed on his cheek - disappearing a s quickly as it appeared. "Emily! Paul just threw a coaster at me!"

The Young woman peered her head through the door, a soft smile already on her face as she rounded the corner. "Jared put something on you both like."

Groaning, Jared lifted the remote , ignoring Paul's triumphant grin.

If he was being honest; Jared was just grateful to finally have some company that wasn't Sam Uley and Emily Young.

He had been allowed back to school, and back home; but he felt like he needed to keep a distance from everyone (especially Kim) just in case. With Paul, it was easy. He didn't have to worry that he couldn't protect himself.

At the slam of the door, Emily turned, a soft smile passing over her lips as she saw who had entered. Catalina Swan rounded the corner, "Up." She said quickly, Paul lifting his legs from where he lay so she could sit, placing them back on her lap.

He tried to push the smile that had appeared on his face at the sight of her.

"You okay, Cat?" Jared asked, eyebrows pulling together at the girl.