*glimpse(2)*

this, my fair peeps, is what you've all been waiting for
the 2nd part of glimpse

i'm really sorry that my idiot brain forgot i left you guys on a cliffhanger of all things and i wouldn't blame any of you for being irritated since it's been months since i said i would do a part 2
but here we are :')
enjoy

also i'm changing up the perspective so instead of using (you/your) it'll be (i/me/us/we)

My mind was swamped with embarrassment as I, very awkwardly, sat next to my boss. On his bed. After I took a shower in his bathroom. It was obvious that my only outcome of this was death. Overhaul loathed any trace of germs, so it wouldn't have been like him to have a positive response.

That being said, we were still friends... or allies...? Either one of those two or I was just another underling he used as a ticket to drive out his boredom.

I waited anxiously for him to speak, to say anything. But he just sat there with his mind somewhere else. Perhaps if I apologized to help soothe things over? Pah! No, I was doomed for sure. "I... I'm really... sorry." I said it anyway, for good measure. Those gorgeous honey-colored eyes found themselves to me. I was expecting him to have a more pissed off vibe. But he didn't. In fact, he seemed more calm than I'd ever seen him before. That wasn't good.

"I can't say that I'm angry, but I am upset that you came in my room without my permission. Didn't you hear me say not to go wandering in places you shouldn't?" he reminded sternly. It was a light scolding, like that of a mother getting onto her child. But I didn't want Overhaul to be my mom!! All I wanted was a potential relationship to blossom, but my foolish actions made that very unlikely.

"I—I don't know what I was thinking. And I know I don't have any excuses either. Haha... I mean, here I am, wearing your clothes after using your shower. I even used your shampoo," I admitted, "Can you please be a little angrier? I did something so wrong! And I feel so stupid! I'm hardly even being punished for it."

The brunette looked flabbergasted. "Y/n, you want me to hurt you for using my shower?" he asked with disbelief laced in his words. I then stood in front of him in outrage. I wasn't angry at him, though. I was more disappointed in myself more than anything. "Why wouldn't you want to hurt me? I trespassed in your room, I dirtied up your bathroom, and I'm even wearing your pajamas! You can easily just touch me and it'll be over with. I mean, there might be a mess... but I deserve something more than a scolding," I shouted.

Overhaul was clearly amused, but then an idea flashed in his head. "You're right," he sighed, "It would be irresponsible of me not to give you a proper punishment." My heart caught in my throat as he proceeded to remove his glove. And then for some reason, he also unhooked his mask. He was so damn handsome! But I guess it didn't really matter since I was about to die in a few moments.

His fingers stretched out towards my wrist. The closer he came to reaching me, the slower time felt. I scrunched my eyes shut once he finally made contact. I was so afraid, I began to hallucinate the pain I was about to experience. My body flinched violently when something foreign touched my knuckles.

Something was off. Usually Overhaul could make anyone he touched pop like a balloon. So why wasn't I popping? I peeked one eye open, only to see that the young head of the Yakuza was kissing my hand.

'What.

What the fuck?

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!'

This wasn't at all how I pictured the rest of my day going. This couldn't have been real. Stuff like this only happened in K dramas! I was utterly paralyzed under his warm touch. My mind went blank, but my crazed thoughts began spiraling again once his gaze quickly met mine.

A new emotion swirled in those amber irises, something I've only seen on television and in storybooks.

Overhaul was wooing me.

The mafia boss's lips separated from my hand, but I was still in his strong hold. "Well Y/n, will you accept me?" I couldn't believe the words leaving that ungodly attractive mouth. I immediately snatched my hand away out of instinct. "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. I was supposed to be dead by now! Or something?!!" I shrieked.

He tilted his head. "Eh? That was your punishment. What, did you really think that I was going to go that extreme? Your punishment was my confession to my feelings for you." Just what was going through that bird brain of his??

Don't misunderstand. Some part of me was absolutely ecstatic that he actually thought of me that way, but I was just so overwhelmed with confusion that it was difficult for me to react the way I wanted to. I could've sworn I felt steam emitting from my ears. My brain couldn't comprehend such chaos.

Overhaul probably sensed that I was ready to pass out, so he grabbed both of my arms and set me back on the bed. He positioned himself to where he was completely facing me. "You must be in shock, but seeing as you were already here, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to tell you. I'm sorry," he apologized. His brows furrowed as he lowered his sight to his mattress. Was he mad that I didn't give him an answer? No, he was angry at himself for putting all of this pressure on me.

I couldn't stop myself from impulsively launching myself forward and wrapping my arms around him. "Um... please don't apologize! I-I don't think you understand the situation. I actually feel the same way. So—so please don't think you made the wrong move," I shouted, cheeks burning.

Overhaul was obviously startled by my bold move, but it hardly took him more than a few seconds to return my embrace. He held me so tight, yet still very gentle. He smelled of vanilla and Old Spice—wait, actually the Old Spice was coming from me hahah.

And he was so warm! But the rapid pitter-patter of his heart was stressing me out a bit. "I don't think you understand how happy I am right now," he whispered. I could practically feel the smile radiating from his features. "Yeah! I'm really happy too. But you're being so out-of-character, though." His attention perked at this. "Would you prefer me to revert back to a more menacing persona? How about if I start by blowing you up," he suggested menacingly.

I tugged away from him to display my shocked expression. "W-what??"

"... I was joking..."

And that was the beginning of our very long and intimate relationship.

jesus christ i can't believe i wrote this in one day compared to when it takes me weeks to write others i am very impressed

again i'm really sorry for not doing this sooner i know a lot of you have been waiting a while so here you go :))

ok i'm going to pass out now it's almost 2:00 in the morning goodnight