*anxieties*

so for the last year i've been using photoshop to edit my covers and it straight up sucks like it makes everything look so damn blurry why

"What if someone tries to flirt with you? And—and what if they slip something in your drink while I'm not looking? I swear to God, Y/n. If I lose sight of you for even a second, I am going to have a panic attack."

I deadpanned at my sick fiancé. He wasn't ill or anything, he was just acting like a worried maniac. Kind of like how a mom treats her first child sort of thing. "Are you sure you aren't having a panic attack right now?" I teased. His gaze pierced into me, mainly out of annoyance.
"I'm serious Y/n. Whatever happens out there, just stay close to me, alright?" I exhaled and hummed, meaning 'yes'.

To clear things up, I convinced Kai to plan a party with the League of Villains, mainly to strengthen our bond and just to finally break the ice with our alliance. Plus, Twice, Toga, and I were also trying to find an opportunity to hangout with Kai's consent.

Kai obviously declined my suggestion at first. He was definitely the type to keep things strict and professional. But luckily, with some of Chrono and Mimic's help, we won him over. And thus, that brought us to tonight. The League offered us to use one of their hideouts, but knowing Kai's 'little' germ tantrums, he chose to renovate an old building just outside of Tokyo.

I strapped Eri into her car seat, I turned to my stubborn fiancé, who was squatting on the sidewalk. "Kai, get in the car."

"No."

"Fine. I guess It'll just be Eri and I, completely and utterly defenseless. Just a vulnerable woman with her frightened child. You know, I read this article that said men are more prone to targeting single moms." I actually had no idea if that was true or not.

By the time I finished, he had already shut the door and started the ignition. "Let's go," he sighed in defeat. I fastened my seatbelt and cooed, "Thank you, Dear~," I cooed before pecking him on the cheek. Although it felt like we were out of the clear, I still had to convince him (many times) not to turn the car around.

Within an hour, mainly due to being stuck in traffic, we finally arrived. "Do you wanna just drop us off here and find somewhere to park?" I asked with a sly smirk. He scrunched his brows at me as if that was the dumbest thing I'd ever said. "No. The three of us are walking."

As we walked, Kai made us stop just short of the door. "Promise me you both will stay close to me. Regardless of this being a party, there's still a high chance of the League doing something shifty."

My eyes widened as Eri hesitantly took ahold of his hand. "You'll pr-protect us, right?" she asked, quivering. Kai knelt down before her and pet her head in a soothing manner. "Back when I was around your age, your grandpa used to do this to me whenever I was feeling stressed or afraid. I hope it gives you some reassurance."

Eri closed her eyes and accepted his warm touch. "Thank you...!" My eyes glassed over at the very sight. Up until now, I was the only person Kai was comfortable touching, and here he was, squatting down in a parking lot rubbing a frightened child's head. "Come on, let's head inside before the party's already over," I reminded, wiping my eyes.

The atmosphere inside was practically booming, and the entire building was dazzled with various-colored lights. Now this was a party. Unlike me, Kai and Eri were shaking in their shoes. "Don't tell me the young head of the Yakuza is scared of a little fun?" He scoffed and responded, "my idea of fun is staying home and watching Golden Girls."

"Dear, we watch Golden Girls literally almost every night. You need a change of scenery!"

He didn't have any comebacks to throw at me, so he just went on mumbling foolish remarks to himself. When I heard Toga come calling, I had the urge to hide behind him, not because I disliked Toga, but simply because her hugs were bone-crushing.