*please stay*

literally thought up this plot while i was in the shower. anyway, if you guys have any tissues or a dirty shirt lying around, you may or may not want to use it ;-;

The room was dark, and quiet. The only light source I was able to depend on were the strange, cold lights illuminating through the square glass window in the door. I didn't have a clue where I was, and I was beginning to forget who I was. My own identity, about to be erased from my mind.

There was something I wanted so desperately. What was it? Freedom from this lonely room? Or was it a person? I had no idea. I often had dreams of seeing myself disintegrating into thin air, much like the dust collecting on the unused furniture. I cried out, but my voice wouldn't sound. I just lied there on the squeaky cot to which I called a bed, in a paralyzed silence.

It usually ended with me waking up in a terrible sweat. Sadly, the dark room was never apart of the nightmares. That was real. Or at least I thought it was. Time felt dead to me. I didn't know the day, month, year... nothing. I was nothing.

Every now and then, someone would set a tray of food on the table next to me, though I never touched it. At times I would go days without a bite to eat.

It felt like everything was scripted here. Like I was trapped in a playwright. Sometimes I was convinced the boxy room I was stuck in was made of cardboard. I beat and pounded desperately on the hard walls surrounding me, but the strange people keeping me here didn't like that, so a bunch of them would reprimand me to the point where I couldn't move a muscle. Why was I here?

Why was I here?

Suddenly, the door flew open. I whimpered and backed myself against the wall for protection. "Y/n?" I recognized that voice. The familiar silhouette before me was graciously tall and somewhat intimidating, but I didn't feel an ounce of fear towards it.

The person, to whom I believed was a man, approached me carefully. I then felt his warm hands clutch my slender shoulders. Not knowing how else to react, I whispered shakily, "Who—who are you?" The man's eyes were a deep, beautiful amber color, giving me a sense of déjà vu.

"It's me, Y/n. It's Kai," he breathed. Kai, Kai....... Chisaki, Overhaul, my husband....... Kai!

My eyes were drowned with tears as I lurched forward into his arms. "Kai...! Kai! I mi—I missed you s-so much," I sobbed. "I-I forgot about you, and—and Pops, and Eri. I'm so horrible! How could I d-do that?" I blubbered into his shoulder. Everything about his presence made me so calm.

Kai held me gingerly, hushing me quietly as I cried like an infant. "Shhh, you are not horrible. You didn't forget about us, and we didn't forget about you," he whispered in reassurance. I nodded hesitantly and held onto him tighter. "Please don't leave me again, Kai. It's so scary here."

He pat my matted hair while kissing every ounce of my tired complexion. "I know it is. But you'll push on. Y/n, I know things now. I know more than anyone else could possibly comprehend." His words confused me. "What are you talking about?" I asked, dumbfounded. I felt Kai softly rub circles on my thin cheeks with his thumbs.

"I know your destiny, Y/n. I know Pops', Eri's, and the Hassaikai's. Everything seems so wrong now, but it will all fall into place with time—" Once again, the iron door burst open, revealing the culprits keeping me here. "Kai! Kai, please don't let them get me! They're gonna hurt me," I gasped out. I clung to his arm, beckoning him to assist me. I then heard one of them say, "Hold her down."

I yelped as I was shoved down to the mattress. My loving husband bent down and gifted my lips with a long, tender kiss. He leaned back, looking somber. "Don't be afraid, Y/n. I know this is scary, but you must prevail. It's all up to you now."