*seeing you again*

so this one is going to be linked to the *happy meal* one shot. i was rereading some of my stories and i thought it would be cool to make a little continuation of that

also i'd like to give a special thanks to @jupitarbaby for the awesome cover they made for this book!!

"Deep breaths, Y/n. It's only been six months. You're a bad bitch, you got this." As I was mumbling words of encouragement to myself, the plane made a lurching jolt, meaning that it finally landed on hard ground.

I exhaled in relief. I never really liked planes. This was actually only my second time being on one. I began to feel even tenser when the pilot addressed the passengers that we landed at the Matsufuyu airport, the very same airport he was waiting in.

Jesus, the last time the Boss and I talked was when he kissed me. Well, it wasn't like it was a real kiss, but still! Ugh... this was going to be so awkward. I literally wrote down a script for me to say to him, that way I'd feel more prepared for when I finally met him again. But being under this much pressure was nauseating.

Six months ago, after Chisaki confessed to me, I got a call from my parents asking me to visit them abroad. It was actually a memorial service for a family member that had passed. After that, my parents were in very rough shape. I was supposed to leave and fly back to Japan after three months, but somehow I couldn't find the courage to leave them. So I stayed for another three.

And here I am now, trying to wipe the sweat from my hands with a paper towel I swiped from the bathroom. I checked the time. My flight landed at 2:40 P.M., and now it's 3:23. Of course they had to show up fashionably late, just like always. I just wanted to get this over with. Why did those jerks have to make me wait, only to feel even more stressed?

"Yo, Y/n!" I quickly scanned the crowd, only to see Rappa. Beside him were Chrono and Tengai. Chisaki wasn't with them, though. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or slightly upset, but I found myself heaving a large sigh.

"Hey, guys! Did you miss me while I was gone?" I called. "Hell yeah, we missed you. But I think Overhole missed you the most," Rappa admitted. "Watch your manners, Rappa. Even if the Master is not here, you should still use his name correctly."

"What's this about him missing me more...?" He was probably just joking around like usual. Even if Chisaki did kiss me a while back, I was still just one of his expendables. If anything, I wouldn't have been surprised if he already had his eye on another woman.

"You should've seen him. Ever since you left, it's like he totally went unhinged. He's just been locking himself in his office doing work the entire time. And the days he does come out, he looks like he hasn't gotten a good night's sleep in weeks. And when we found out you weren't coming back for another three months, he just... broke," informed Chrono.
"More like he turned into a depressed sack of skin," Rappa snickered.

What? What?! The young head of the Yakuza, Kai Chisaki, the strongest man in the entire Mafia, was depressed over me??? My face felt as if it was on fire. "I-I had no idea...," I murmured, utterly flabbergasted.

"Yeah, so let's hurry up and get you home before he wrecks the place."

I twiddled my thumbs aggressively as the car was only moving closer towards its destination. I knew there was no reason to be anxious, but seeing him after so long just unnerved me. And based on what the others claimed, I was expecting to meet a drunk, wearing a sweaty-stained tank top, and a beard for days. Oh, God. Oh, God!

Once we arrived, I wouldn't budge from my seat, so Rappa practically threw me over his shoulder and ushered me inside the building. "W-wait! What about my bags?!" I cried. "Shut up, we'll get em' later!" Some of the passerby's couldn't help but gawk as we hurdled down the white, sterile halls.