Chapter 12: Planning For A Wild Night

Y/N POV:

After everything settled down from the food fight we all decided to go the library as Team RWBY we're playing a really confusing card game while Katsune and I were reading books about different sword styles.

Ruby: Hmmmmm.... All right... All right! (Points at Yang) Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: (Thrusting her elbow down as she balls her fist) Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet! (slaps a card down as Yang fakes a look of shock) Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly! (Makes noises like airplanes flying and bombing as she makes a bird with her hands)

Yang: (Feigning indignance as she points at Ruby) You fiend!

Ruby: (ducked at the end of the table) And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn. 

She peaks her head up as Yang let's out an arrogant laugh.

Yang: (raises a card) And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn. 

She turns the card revealing it to Ruby.

Yang: Giant Nevermore! (slams the card down on the table) If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: (points at Yang) But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!

Yang: That's just a chance I'm willing to take.

She rolls the dice as it lands on the perfect seven.

Ruby: Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: Eh, most of them were probably androids.

Yang: Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Ruby: Bah!

Nora: (snores and talks in her sleep) Oh. Have pancakes.

Yang: Oh, and what's this? The Smugglers of Wind Path?

Ruby: Bah! Bah, I say!

Yang: I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!

Ruby: Have you no heart? (collapsing on the table groaning) Nooo!

Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn.

Weiss: I have... absolutely no idea what's going on.

Yang: (slides up beside her and puts a hand on her shoulder) Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means that all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus.

Weiss: That sounds dumb.

Yang: (looking at her cards) See, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge...Oh, oh! (pulls up a card to show Weiss) Resourceful Raider! See, now you can take Ruby's discarded Air Fleet--

Ruby: (crying) Nooo!

Yang: --and put it in your hand!

Weiss: Okay.

Yang: And since Vacuo warriors have an endurance against Natural-based hazards, you can use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaneously infiltrate my kingdom!

Yang: (points at Weiss) Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war. (pulling away returning to her seat)

Weiss: And that means...