Chapter 14: Night Of Investigation Pt.2

3rd Person POV:

Back to where we left off Y/N and Ruby stare at Penny in shock.

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand...

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura. (turns her head to the side sadly) I'm not real...

Y/N: That's not true.

Ruby: She's right. (takes Penny's hands in her own) You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than us?

Penny: I don't... um...(Leans in close to Ruby's face) Your both...taking this extraordinarily well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. (taps her chest) You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!

Y/N: A machine wouldn't had risked their life to save someone from an oncoming truck.

Penny: (hugging both Ruby and Y/N) Ooohh... oh Ruby, Y/N, You're the best friends anyone could have!

Y/N: So strong...

Ruby: I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

Penny: (releasing them, fully back to her happy self) Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!

Ruby: Wow. (giggles) He built you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Y/N: As strong as you are they don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival.

Penny: I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny: (confused) That's not what Mr. Ironwood said...

Soldier #1: Check down here!

Penny: (grabbing Y/N and Ruby by the shoulder) You two have to hide!

She then lifts the two up effortlessly.

Y/N: Penny!

Ruby: (struggles and screams as she is carried toward the dumpster) Wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!

Penny: (throws them into the trash and lifts so she can still talk) It's okay, Ruby. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay?

Ruby & Y/N: We promise.

Y/N and Ruby lower their head as the lid is put down with Ruby moving it up enough to peek out.

Soldier #1: There she is!

Penny: Sal-u-tations, officers!

Soldier #1: Why were you running? And what happened to the other girl?

Penny: What girl? I've been by myself all day! (hiccups loudly, then smiles)

Soldier #1: You shouldn't cause such a scene.