Chapter 18: First Assignment

3rd Person POV:

The scene starts in Ozpin's office, with General Ironwood and Professor Goodwitch with Ozpin drinking from his mug.

Ironwood: They were here...(raising his voice) Ozpin, they were here!

He angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

Glynda: We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James.

Ironwood: Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!

An alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

Ozpin: Come in.

Y/N and Ruby step out from the elevator and walk into the room.

Ruby: Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here. (pausing before quickly explaining herself) It wasn't me.

Y/N & Katsune: (Really?)

Y/N crosses her arms as Ruby nervously looks down embarrassed from her weak lie.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming, you two. How are you both feeling?

Y/N: Fine...

Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three.

Everyone stares silently.

Ruby: Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it.

Ironwood: Ruby, Y/N, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you both did last night is exactly what being Huntresses is all about.

Ruby & Y/N: Thank you, sir.

Ozpin: Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've both have rested up, we were wondering if you two had anything to add.

Glynda: Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?

Y/N: She was that woman we met the night that Ruby and I were accepted into Beacon.

Glynda: How can you tell?

Ruby: Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked as she fired a mix of glass and fire.

Y/N: Her movements were very familiar as well.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

Ruby: Wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?

Ozpin: It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together.

Ruby: Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom.

Y/N: (Smart move...)