Chapter 16 - Impending events

"What? Why does Vikram want to see me? I can't see him now I am tired..." Chitrangada replied, annoyed. Facing Vikram was the last thing she wanted to do.

"Chitra! How can you ignore me?"

She was interrupted mid-sentence, by Vikram who had already arrived inside her chamber.

"Vikram! What are you doing here ?"

She asked as he dismissed her maid.

"I was missing you so came to see you, dear. You kept ignoring me in the guest room" He casually strolled and stood in front of her as she took a step back.

"But you should not have come here. What if someone sees us." Chitra said nervously. He had never been so brash on his earlier visits.

"Don't worry about that."

He walked further closing the distance between them. She stepped back and felt the bed hitting the back of her leg. She immediately fell back on the bed and to her surprise, Vikram put his hands on either side of her bending over her pinning her to the bed.

He whispered in her ears "I just can't wait. I am so excited about our wedding."

Chitra looked blankly at his face, he was so close she could feel his breath on her face.

"Vikram what are you doing?" She asked fearfully.

He said, "Nothing dear, don't be scared. We are to be married in a week. This is normal".

His finger drifted across her face, evoking a trail of goosebumps and gentle shivers in their wake.

His eyes were back to hers, a wicked smile at his lips. "Do you know how to be sensual, Chitra ?"

She was scared out of her wits.

"I don't understand, what you are talking about," she retorted back, continuing to latch onto her indignation - lest her nerves reclaim her. Her lips formed a pout.

"Then you have a lot to learn," he replied. His smirk widened. "How fortunate that I am an experienced teacher."

Chitra moved backwards sliding from under him trying to sit up.

She said, "Vikram I am tired please leave me alone."

"You have such lovely assets, my dear princess - if only you'd display them to your advantage. For my eyes only of course!" He said silkily.

Her eyes widened in horror and disgust. He was talking to her as if she was a common whore!

"Vikram stop it!" She almost yelled.

"What's wrong Chitra. I am just..."

She said loudly "No just go...please !"

Anger glinted in his eyes. He grabbed her legs and pulled her forward pinning her under him.

"You will never raise your voice in front of me. Do you understand? I am going to be your husband. You will do whatever I say. Even now I have every right to do whatever I wish. Don't deny me anything ever else I will make your life a living hell."

He looked so menacing. She was terrified. She put her hands on his chest trying to push him off.

"Please Vikram. I am sorry...I can't..."

Her voice was muffled by his lips which he had forcefully thrust on hers kissing her. Tears flowed from her eyes as her lips were crushed by his.

After minutes which felt like an eternity, he left her lips and looked at her with narrowed eyes.