Come Clean

After an early and quite unpleasant awakening from Kenny himself Duck rolled out of bed, mumbling  his  objections  as  he  did  so.

For once it would be nice to sleep in, but alas there was always work to do. First  thing  he  noticed  was  that  Clementine  was  nowhere  to  be  found.  Usually  she  was  the  first  to  wake  between  the  two  so  that  in  itself  wasn't  surprising.  He  yawned  stretching  his  tired  limbs  before  leaving  the  bedroom  he  had  slept  in.

He  went  down  the  steps  tiring  his  hair  back  in  a  low  ponytail.  On  his  way  there  he  bumped  into  Becca.  There  was  a  frown  on  her  face,  an  obvious  one  that  Duck  couldn't  help  but  make  a  comment  on.

"Are  you  okay?"

The  girl,  who  had  her  back  turned  to  him  stopped.  "I'd  like  to  talk  to  Sarah."  She  said  it  with  a  bite  behind  her  words.  Clearly  she  was  upset,  but  Duck  was  confused  as  to  why.  

"What's  stopping  you?"  He  leaned  against  the  railing  of  the  stairs  waiting  for  her  answer.

She  sighed  slowly  turning  to  face  him.  "Your  mute  friend  has  taken  her  hostage."  She  stomped  down  the  stairs  taking  Duck  by  the  hand.  

"I'm  uh-"

"Shush,  wait  for  it."  

She  led  her  to  the  front  door,  the  glass  exposing  the  two  girls  sitting  and  conversing  together,  though  Duck  noticed  Clementine  wasn't  actually  speaking  to  her.  

"What's  the  problem?"

Becca  rolled  her  eyes  sighing  loudly.  "Problem  is  I  want  her  to  stop  talking  to  my  friend."

Duck  shrugged,  "To  be  fair,  we  met  her  before  you."

"Aw  come  on-"

"Just  go  talk  to  her,  Clementine's  cool."  He  gestured  toward  the  glass  doors,  but  Becca  stayed  still,  firm  in  where  she  stood.

She  scratched  the  back  of  her  neck  looking  down  to  the  ground.  "Okay  well,  there's  a  problem.  Pretty  sure  Clem  doesn't  like  me..."  She  pointed  toward  the  capped  girl.  "And  she's  kind  of  weird,  all  those  hand  gestures  scramble  my  brain."

Duck  shook  his  head.  It's  a  typical  reaction  he  thought,  but  it  didn't  make  it  any  less  annoying.  "She  doesn't  talk  much,  so  she  uses  her  hands  to  speak.  That  doesn't  make  her  weird."  He  walked  toward  Becca  smiling  at  the  girl.  "Just  get  to  know  her,  seems  like  we're  going  to  be  stuck  together  for  a  while  anyways."

Becca  seemed  to  think  over  his  words.  Her  eyes  left  from  him,  trailing  over  to  the  two  girls  who  were  now  giggling  with  one  another.

"Fine  but  if  she  punches  me  in  my  face  I'm  blaming  you."

Duck  chuckled  laughing  as  he  opened  the  door  allowing  Becca  to  walk  through  with  him  following  after  her.  Sarah  was  in  mid  sentence,  talking  about  how  much  she  loved  rainbows,  and  Clem  hanging  onto  every  word  she  could  catch.

Becca  plopped  down  beside  Sarah  while  Duck  sat  next  to  Clementine.  "Ah  rainbows,  plenty  of  color,  beautiful  calming  auras."  Duck  blended  into  the  conversation  well,  and  so  did  Becca  when  she  finally  stopped  being  anxious.