Chapter 6 (Micheal)

It took me a minute, but I was finally able to bounce back. I can’t lie; I missed Beyoncé like crazy, but I couldn’t be with somebody that I didn’t trust. Even though I told her not to call or text me, she still did it anyway. I never answered any of her calls or replied to any of her text messages. I almost answered for her one time, but when the image of her having sex with her ex came to me, she went unanswered once again. I decided to throw myself into my work to keep my mind off of my troubles. We had a lot of new clients, and I was taking on as many of them as possible. Two clients in particular that I wanted to be done with were Kayla and her mother. Over the past few months, I’ve shown them a total of eight buildings, and they still haven’t decided on one yet. They claimed that they were interested in building number three, but they wanted to see it again before making a final decision. This time I told my pops to meet us over here. If anybody could sell them on buying a building, he was just the man to do it. I knew when he got here I was going to hear his mouth. The unfortunate part about me and Beyonce’s breakup was the close relationship that she had with my family. They all felt that we should sit down and talk some more, but that wasn’t happening. It was over, and I was done talking. I wasn’t the one who did anything wrong. I pulled up to the building that we were showing to Beyoncé's mama, and Kayla was already parked out front. My pops was coming from another appointment so I knew it would be a minute before he got there. I didn’t know where Kayla’s mother was because she was in the car by herself. After a few minutes, Kayla got out of her car and walked over to the driver’s side of mine. She smiled while motioning for me to roll down my window. “Hey,” she said.  “Hey,” I replied. “I thought your mama was supposed to be coming with you.” “She’s coming. She had a doctor’s appointment so she’ll be in her own car.” She said. I really took a good look at Kayla. She was kind of on the too too skinny side, but she had a nice shape. She was pretty and she had some very attractive features. If she wasn’t on some crazy stalker type shit, we probably could have gone further than we did when we messed around a while ago. “It’s too damn hot out here, ” Kayla said while fanning her face with her hand. I had my air conditioner on, so I knew that was my cue to invite her into my car. I was about to ask her why the hell did she get out of her car in the first place, but I decided against it. “You can come and sit in here if you want to,” I offered. I didn’t have to ask twice. She damn near broke her neck running to the passenger’s side of my car. “Thanks for the invite.” she said smiling at me. I nodded my head as my response. For about ten minutes, we sat side- by- side in silence until Kayla decided to strike up a conversation. “Can I ask you a question?” She asked. “You just did,” I replied nonchalantly because I wasn’t in the mood for all that talking. “No, that’s not what I wanted to ask you.” She said laughing. “What happened to us?” She looked over at me. I had a million answers to that question, but all of them would have hurt her feelings. Instead of doing that, I took the easy way out. “I just wasn’t ready to settle down at that time. You didn’t seem to understand that.” I said. That was partially true. That and the fact that her ass was a nut job is what kept me from being with her. “I understood; I just really liked you,” she replied. “ Well, I guess that’s not the case anymore since you have a girlfriend,” she said. “I had a girlfriend. I’m solo, and I'm not looking to get into anything anytime soon.” I threw that out there so she didn’t get any ideas in her crazy little head. “I’m sorry to hear that.” she said without an ounce of sincerity. “Nah, you not sorry to hear it, but thanks anyway,” I replied. “I see you’re still as outspoken as you were before.” I ignored her and stated playing with my phone. “So since your single that means we can hang out sometimes right?” Kayla said while moving her hand up and down the crotch of my jeans. Any other time I would have stopped her, but I wanted to see just how far this was going to go. “ Hangout and do what?” I asked as I looked down at her hand. She was now fumbling with the buckle on my belt, trying to take it a loose. Once that was done, she unbuttoned my pants and reached down into my underwear. She licked her full lips seductively when she pulled my semi- hard erection out of my underwear. After a few slow hand strokes, she had me standing at full attention. In a split second, she leaned over and took as much of me in her mouth as she could. I put my hand on the back of her head and helped to guide her head up and down as her mouth took me to another world. I almost forgot how good Kayla’s head game was, but she was giving me a damn good reminder right now. As much as I’ve been stressing over the past few weeks this stress reliever was just what I needed. “Damn,” I moaned in pleasure as she sucked faster. I felt my release coming as I pulled and grabbed a handful of her hair. “What the fuck!” I heard, followed by tapping on my window. Kayla and I both jumped at the loud noise. When I opened my eyes, I was met by my father’s disapproving glare. He shook his head and kept walking towards the building. I rushed and tried to get myself together as best as I could, while Kayla fixed her hair and applied some gloss to her lips. She had a look of pure embarrassment covering her face. “Sorry, I didn’t see your dad coming,” she said shyly. “It’s cool. Let me talk to him. Just come on in when your mama gets here.” I told her right before I exited the car. As soon as I walked into the building my pops started going off on me. “What the fuck is wrong with you boy? You’re barely out of one relationship, and you’re trying to jump into one with something else.” He said with an incredulous look on his face. “I'm not trying to start anything with her. She knows that I’m not looking for anything serious.” I tried to assure him. “I can’t tell since she had her whole face buried in your crotch!” He yelled. “And then you know her ass is crazy so I don’t understand why you would even go there with her again.” “I’m not dealing with her like that anymore. She started with me, and I damn sure wasn’t about to stop her.” I replied defensively. I was a single man, so he was crazy if he thought I was turning down some free head. “Alright dumbass , don’t say I didn’t warn you. Don’t call me when you wake up and find a rabbit boiling on your stove.” He said as he walked away. My pops had a way with words, but he was right. I had to make sure that Kayla knew where we stood. Bey and I aren’t together anymore, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t still love her. I wasn’t trying to rush into anything else, especially with Kayla. Right now, I couldn’t offer her anything more than sex. If she wanted anything else, I was the wrong man for the job.