Chapter 26 (Jay)

When I looked up and saw Beyonce's punk ass boyfriend come outside, I had fire in my eyes as I walked over to him. I don’t think I’ve ever hated anybody the way I hated that clown. It pissed me off to think this nigga just came out of nowhere and thought he had it like that. “What the fuck you come out here for? Are you trying to do something? I yelled. The police stopped me before I got too close to him, but I really wished they wouldn’t have. He didn’t seem like my presence affected him, and that made me even madder. I was already feeling some kind of way about Beyonce not telling me about the baby shower in the first place. It was like pulling teeth getting her to call or reply to a text, but that was the least she could have done. I had to find out through one of Ty's girlfriends. She saw it on one of those social media websites and relayed the information to him. I didn’t have time to get a gift, so I got a card and put six hundred dollars in it. That was nothing compared to what I wanted to do for the baby, but it was a last minute option. “Dude you just can’t stay away, huh?” He said laughing. I swear if the police wasn’t standing in between us I would have knocked his ass the fuck out. Two other men came out and stood next to him like that was supposed to scare me. I guess one of them must have been his daddy because they looked so much alike. “You talking a lot of gangster shit since you got all this backup out here!” I yelled at him. “Backup? Nigga this ain’t no singing group. I don't need any backup. I’m trying to figure out what you want,” he said. “I don’t want you.” “There's nothing else here for you,” he said. I looked up and saw Kelly standing by the entrance, so I hollered out to her. “Call your friend Kelly.” She just stood there and looked at me like the dummy she was. “Nah homie, you don’t have anything to say to my wife. Whatever you have to say you can say it to me,” Beyonce's man said. “Your wife! Nigga you wish that was your wife. Get the fuck outta here!” I said dismissively. “You need to leave. Obviously you weren’t invited,” one of the police officers said to me. His scary ass wasn’t saying anything a minute ago so he could miss me with whatever he was saying now. “I'm just trying to give my girl her gift, and then I’m gone,” I said to him. “Your girl?” Her boyfriend asked laughing. I was about to answer him until I saw Beyonce walking outside. She looked good as always, even at eight months pregnant. She walked straight over to him without even acknowledging my presence. “You could have at least told me that you were having a baby shower. You want to send his punk ass out here to talk for you instead of coming to talk for yourself!” I yelled heatedly. “I didn’t have to tell you shit. The only person I’m obligated to is my husband,” she replied. I looked over at her ring finger and had to do a double take . She had a huge rock resting on it that wasn’t there a few months ago. I couldn’t believe it. She was really married. I would usually hear everything that was going on, but this bit of information got by me somehow. That was a slap in the face and a huge blow to my ego. I don’t even think hurt could describe the way I was feeling. I was crushed, but I would never show it. “It’s whatever! I’m just coming to drop off a gift for my baby.” “Your baby?” Beyonce replied with her hand on her hip. “Yeah, my baby until the test says otherwise. I hope you don’t have him thinking it’s his. I don’t give a fuck if that is your husband, no child of mine will be carrying his last name,” I fumed. “As long as the mama has my last name I’m cool. Let’s go baby,” he said arrogantly as he led Beyonce away. “Nigga you a lame, trying to turn a hoe into a housewife,” I yelled to his departing back. As mad as I was I didn’t mean what I’d just said. Honestly, if I had a chance, I would have done the exact same thing. With Ty in tow, I walked to my car feeling slightly defeated. “Damn!” I yelled as I banged my hand against the steering wheel. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel played about how things just played out, but it was all good. Beyonce and her man had won this battle, but the war was far from being over as far as I was concerned.