🌹𝔸𝕊𝕄𝕆 𝕩 𝔾ℕ!𝕄ℂ - ꜰᴇᴇʟ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ (ᴀᴅᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏɴᴇ)

You knew Asmo had narcissistic tendencies, anyone could see it, he wasn't exactly discrete about it as the embodiment of lust.
Maybe it was his confident aura that drew you to him, wanting to unravel him more and more, to understand Asmodeus as someone beyond a lustful demon who sleeps around.
To know him on that deeper level.

It's safe to say: you fell for him pretty quick.

Maybe it was the complements he loaded you with,
or how he flirted with you so shamelessly in front of everyone,
perhaps it was how he was always there for you and offered you some decent advice when needed,
or maybe it was how he looked at you with such adoration.

You were sure he loved you too.

And maybe that's where you went wrong.
Solomon picked up on your feelings as quick as Asmo did, and spoke to you about the matter privately, away from any prying eyes and ears.

'Mc, you know Asmo doesn't like settling down, right? Even if he did... what are the chances of him staying loyal? He isn't an extremely monogamous person...' The sorcerer said, stroking his chin in thought as he maintained eye contact with you, eyebrows furrowed.

'But have you seen how he looks at me? Or how he acts, for that matter! He must feel something in return...' Your voice was laced with depseration: as if you were trying to convince yourself that you were indeed very special to one of the seven rulers of hell. '...Right?' Solomon sighed, holding his cheek in his hand with his other arm wrapped around his waist.
'You sound so sure  MC.' He dropped his gaze to the floor, his face softer in expression now, almost as if he looked like he was pitying you. 'Just.. prepare for the worst. You're a good friend to me and it might not go the way you hope it will.'

'...Yeah, I know, but I want to stay positive. It might go the way I want it to...' Your gaze has now dropped too, as if you were doubting yourself. Solomon's words had hit close to home: he probably does act like this with others, I might not be that special...

But just like that, the day of confession rolled around: more like the evening of.
You were sat on his silk sheets, watching him as he was huddled over his polish box, picking out matching colours for your nails.
A small smile spread across your face: he looked so cute whilst concentrating.
But then, the anxiety hit you as fast as a tennis racket could hit a ball back to and fro.
You swallowed your pride, afterall, the worst he could say is no.
And the words left your lips in a small, squeaky voice.

'I think I love you, Asmo...'

A small blush spread across your cheeks like wildfire and you averted your gaze to look at your feet dangling off the edge of his bed: he haulted his actions.
He looked and was shocked, but then a mischievous, small grin replaced his confused expression.
'MC.. I've known for a while.'
Your face heated up even more and your eyes widened, your hand darted up to cover your side profile with your hair in an attempt to conceal your redness.
'But I cant say I feel the same. Afterall, theres only enough adoration I have for one: me~'

Your heart dropped and your words were stuck in your throat, you knew he was self absorbed and confident but this?
He knew, yet he didn't confront you?
Let you know he doesn't like settling down when it was a mere crush?
Did he play you?
Tears pricked in the corners of your eyes, you had never felt so embarrassed and humiliated.
Just like that, you ran from his room and locked your bedroom door as soon as you entered.
You may have spilt his nailpolish over his sheets in your rush to escape, but you couldn't care any more than you already did.
He hurt you.
He knew you loved him but played you to his liking.
He made you feel so special yet really, you're just like the others.

You were no different and it hurt.