🌃𝔻𝕀𝔸𝕍𝕆𝕃𝕆𝕩𝔾ℕ!𝕄ℂ - ᴇʀᴀꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

It was his big day: the day you dreaded to hear about

In fact, you didn't hear about it until the day after it happened and they'd left, the brothers had blown up your phone.
Your heart shattered.
But you put on your front as always, eyes rapidly watching every message and notification on your screen, skimming over the words written.
None of it made sense.
But slowly, you started typing.

"Its fine, guys. The Devildom needed a queen and an heir anyways, besides, we all know that a human couldn't rule some demons anyways! I'm happy for him - next time you see him, tell him I bid him well."

With that being said, you shut your phone off and slumped into your couch.
He hadn't even invited you to his own wedding,
didn't even let you meet the now-queen of hell.
The pain weighed heavy on your heart.

You remembered when he held you in his strong arms,
when he threw the most extravagant balls and dressed you head to toe in jewels and gems of all sorts.
It wasn't even the riches that made you miss him,
but him himself.
He treated you like no other,
he supported you,
helped you,
guided you.
He was your first everything.
But you two couldn't be together, even after all that.

You had spent your last night with him,
both of you laughing and joking with eachother from opposite ends of the dining table,
acting as if everything was fine when it wasn't.

"Hey, Diavolo."
Your face straightened,
your smile flattening and your tone lower, more serious now.
"Just know that I'll never erase you. Please."

The prince froze, fork in hand,
looking perplexed.
"Mc... let's not think of such things during your last night here. Focus on how we are right now."
He spoke softly, a small but obviously forced smile making it's way onto his tanned face.

"Diavolo, let's be real. We will probably never meet again - you'll be buying a little diamond ring for someone else soon, not me. I feel it."
Pushing the wine glass from your reach, you leaned back into the humongous chair, eyes staring at the man before you.
Your words must've came out harsher than expected, because he was almost gobsmacked.
In a monotone yet stern voice, you picked up on your que, the silence too much.
"You're probably already considering other options, huh?"
The silence came back, longer and more drawn out this time.
Diavolo sat there, staring at you as if in deep thought.
"I promise you, there's no one else for me but you-"
He started off, his voice almost panicked, trying to keep himself composed.
"Maybe.. we can still be together, but I have a separate wife to bare children? Humans can't bare demon children, and you know how important it is for me to have an heir."
He proposed, practically pleading at you to accept his offer.
But you could not.
"Why even bother proposing such a stupid idea, My Good Lord?"
Aggressively, you pulled the glass back to your lips, taking a large sip of the strong alcohol.
"Instead, here are your options. You either marry me and we work a way around children, or you marry another demon and have your own blood-related children, as many as you want, at that?"

Tears starting forming in your eyes - you just knew what he was going to say.

"Mc... dont be ridiculous-"
"Pick, Diavolo. I can't afford to waste my time any longer."
A single tear crept down your face, and he could see that.
And he knew he was going to hurt you either way - you were already aching, to his dismay.
"I'm not ready to let you go yet..."
He spoke in almost a whisper, adverting his eyes from yours and staring down at the carefully embroidered table cloth instead.
"But you'll be ready to let me go further down the line?"
The posion in your voice reeked, it made it obvious that you weren't happy with his answer whatsoever.
"Diavolo... I see your answer's been made clear. I will go and continue packing my stuff now."

Your voice was quieter now,
and you put your glass down for the last and final time as you pushed yourself away from the table, eyes never leaving the demon sat before you, who was now shedding his own tears silently.

He didn't even get to see you one last time, before you exited the room for good, his final goodbye from you was the sound of your shoes echoing from beneath you, and your last words from the door frame.
"I'll be gone before you know it: but promise me, that you at least won't forget about me. That's all I want. Treat the queen good."

The time and memories you guys had together ran through your mind,
you were distraught and so were the brothers, apparently.
He had moved on so fast - he clearly did have multiple options already ready.
You started sobbing,
letting your walls come down.
You haven't cried in months, not to anyone at least.
More than anything right now, you wanted this all to be some elaborate prank the brothers were pulling on you.
Or maybe a dream.
But you knew that the brothers would never hurt you intentionally now,
and that tears certainly didn't feel this real in lucid dreams.
This was reality now, a hard reality.
But you knew that if you ever saw him and his wife, maybe his children,
you'd drag your walls up again and turn your happy facade on again, look up to him and say-

"I'm glad you're doing well, My Good Lord.
Congratulations."