Homecoming

0300 hours

North West Beatles (Varchasiankookie, thanks for the suggestion)

January 7th

Ben POV    

SPYDER had come to the abandoned town. I was in terror. I heard the whirring sounds and ducked, just to be on the safe side.

The helicopter soon lowered, and agents came down the ladder, with guns. There were only two things I could do. 1. I fleed for my life. 2. give  Zoe the page in SPYDER's notebook. I knew Zoe was the best hacker and decoder, and I trusted her to carry it. And to solve it.

"Try to solve the coded message!" I said to Zoe as I gave the burned book to her. She nodded. Everybody fleed. Except for Erica, Catherine, and Cyrus. Alexander didn't help, because he already knew his fighting skills were lousy.

Since it was midnight, Erica and the others had a jump on them. About 10 Spyder agents were scanning the area. Erica already knocked down two, while Catherine knocked out four. While they were fighting, Zoe tried to solve the coded message.

"Hmm, this might be The Caesar shift or The Enigma machine, wait I got it! Its pig Latin!"

I didn't know pig Latin that much, but I didn't care.

Zoe deciphered the code in a mere 14 seconds. "It says our plan is done to bomb the abandoned town." 

Her eyes went in shock. Sadly, I knew what that meant. 

There was a sound coming from the northwest. A Soviet missile was bearing down on us. "Aw crap," Mike said, in surprise.

I shouted at Erica. "We need to abandon the town! missiles are coming down on us!" "I know where to go, Cyrus said. "follow me" he seemed calm when the missile was bearing down while I was freaking out.

We went to a little trap door. "wait, is this a sewer?" Mike said, starting to worry. "No, its an underground storage room, now come quick."

We headed inside. It was cold and damp. But we were lucky that we were underground. I heard a missile homing, then a huge blast. We all shut our ears because I didn't want to get my ears popped.

"Seems like the day when we infiltrated Spyders compounds back in New Jersey," Erica said.

When the missile blast was over, we went back outside. It looked like a tornado had touched down. Every single house was crumpled, and there was a wildfire.

"It turns out, the note was a trap," I said. "Wait, so those aren't SPYDER's plans?" Catherine said, disappointed.

"Yes and no, it seems that Spyder tricked us by putting this note in the cabin, so if anything goes wrong, they will use this note to trick us, thinking that Spyders were gonna do something with the north pole."

"So, Spyder isn't going to do anything with the north pole?" Erica said.

"Yeah, I guess."

"We need to go to Alaska still," Cyrus said. He seemed sort of raged that SPYDER kidnapped him. We walked toward the Northwest again. I still had a feeling that I was missing something. Something important to the mission. 

We continued to walk. The sun had started to rise. There was silence. Nobody talked.

We soon came to a waterfall. It was beautiful. We soon crossed it, then headed toward some hilly plains.

Something was still bothering me and super bothering me. I had to think harder. I retraced the events to see what I was missing.

Then Zoe broke the silence: "I don't know why SPYDER used medieval weapons and medieval traps when they could use real guns."

Then I found what was missing in my mind.

"I think I know why they used medieval weapons," I said. Everybody looked to me, intrigued. "What is it?" Erica said coldly.

"Since Ms.E loves old art and medieval things, and history, maybe she's using SPYDER also to use medieval things and stuff, like a symbol."

"What do you mean?" Cyrus said. He seemed impressed and slightly annoyed that he hadn't figured this out either.

"Maybe Spyders planning to do something with medieval times" "That doesn't help," Cyrus said.

"Maybe it does," Alexander said. Everybody looked at him. "What?"

"That might be a small step towards SPYDER's plan," Cyrus said, "but we still need to discuss."

We continued to walk down the forest and trees. Then, while we were walking, we saw paradise: a highway.

Zoe ran toward the edge of the road and gave a thumbs up; she only did that for 3 seconds when Erica suddenly judo flipped her.

"Are you crazy? SPYDER can be here anywhere."

"oh yeah, sorry."

"Let's walk near the highway, I'm pretty sure the Alaska welcome sign will be here," Erica said.

We soon came across the "welcome to Alaska sign, just as Erica predicted. "finally, we were at Alaska," Mike said.

"ok, maybe we can tow here," Cyrus said. He put the thumbs up on the highway. A plumbing van suddenly came to a stop.

"Are you guys, ok?" He said. "Yes," Cyrus said, doing an act. "We got a car crash 1 mile from here and fell from a cliff. We managed to survive and headed toward the woods until we found a highway.

The driver looked surprised and felt bad for us. He soon bought our story, which was fake.

"Where do you want me to drive?" He said once we were in the car. Thankfully, he wasn't a SPYDER agent, just a normal plumbing guy.

"To anchorage, sir," I said, immediately. Cyrus looked at me, surprised.

"That's a bit too far, want me to drop you off on eagle airport?" "Sure," I said.

the driver checked his phone for the GPS for directions, then headed to the airport. "I'm just saying folks; this isn't an international, I hope you can get a ride, should I call the police about this?"

"Um, it's ok, we have no broken bones, and Anchorage is our home, so yeah."

"oh, ok."

2 hours later...

We arrived at the airport. As the driver had said, there were no airliners. Instead, there were small planes, like a Cessna.

But we were able to get a free ride when Cyrus pickpocketed the pilot's plane keys. 

When we went inside the plane, there were seats and a cockpit. There was enough room for all of us. Thankfully, Cyrus knew how to drive the thing. In 4 minutes, we were up in the air.

It was more relaxing then surviving in the wilderness.

"Why are we going to Anchorage anyway?" Cyrus said angrily. "because I had a feeling that SPYDER's holed up there, and Anchorage is one of the most popular cities in Alaska." 

"that doesn't mean Spyders holed up there," Cyrus said. "Zoe, can you decipher the cover of SPYDERS book?

"Sure," She said. She started to translate it. "it says Juneau Alaska" "That book is full of lies," I said. And I'm pretty sure the opposite of Juneau is Anchorage. Because both cities are sort of popular."

"He has a point," Erica said.

Cyrus muttered something under his breath, then got directions to Juneau. Before I can question him why we're going to Juneau, Erica explained. "I'm pretty sure SPYDER's scanning the GPS. So we need to mark Juneau, so SPYDER thinks that we've got tricked by that book."

"Oh," I said. It also seemed that I was like the boss. I was sort of ashamed of that.

"We ought to be here soon. Let's get ready." 

I sort of felt nervous. Facing Ms. E again was sort of frightening.

But I clung on to hopes and hoped that I didn't die.