The element of surprise

SHORT CHAPTER

1300 hours

Academy of Espionage

January 8th

Erica POV

I was still weeping from yesterdays events. I was so sad. I was lying on my bed, hopeless. I was reading a book when someone knocked on my door.

"I am the ghost of Ben Ripley!" the person said. I was shocked. And since I was so depressed, I fell for it.

"Ben? you're a ghost?" I said stupidly. He opened the door. "SUPRISE!" Everybody was there. Even.. Ben? What?

"Ben.. wa— I thought you were... dead?"
"I was, but I survived," Ben said. I ran to him, touched him to make sure he was real, then hugged him.

Awws ripped through the silence. "I guess Ericas having a boyfriend," A girl said. But this time, Zoe decked her in the face, she fell on the floor, unconscious.

"Now, we need to get back to class," The principal said. Everybody started to groan. "No," someone said. It was Cyrus, to my surprise. He was grinning at Ben. "Why can't Spy school take a break? Besides, Ben just saved the history of the world."

The principal grunted. But I didn't say anything. The class cheered.

I looked at Ben. He sort of blushed. Then, Cyrus came. "Nice job Ben," He said, smiling at him. He shook his hand and went out.

"So," I said. "did you use that grenade?" "No," Ben said, confused. "You want it?" "Sure" "Here, how about I try to train you to learn to shoot?"

"Sure?" He said, blushing more.

"Its what friends do."

Ben POV

Over the next few months, I learned to shoot, block, and fight using my skills. Erica also helped me, and I was getting to be a pro. I soon mastered weaponry, getting an A on self-preservation, and the other stuff. 

Soon, I will be a fourth year.

So here's a tip for you if your a spy: if an evil wants to destroy a considerable part of the earth, try to use the grenade, and use all your weapons.

I kept on training until my fourth year, and SPYDER did nothing. It will take some time for them to regroup and make a new plan, but they were ok for now.

And now Erica and I started to be more friendlier, but shes still distant and cold. I hope SPYDER is gone for a long time....

Or is it?