Under pressure

Juneau, Alaska

1505 hours

January 7th

Ben POV

Since Juneau was close to the ocean, they might have hidden the silos in the islands, but that was too risky with tourists visiting them with unique guides. But SPYDER had a penchant for hiding things in plain sight.

 The place was beautiful, like anchorage. It had mountains and sea. And I even saw a whale on the horizon; It's tail splashing.

 I was still determined to find what SPYDER'S other plans are. I flipped open the notebook again to see if there were any more clues that I had missed.

Zoe and Mike then came over.

"Need help finding clues?" Zoe said. "Sure, it's just that, I think I missed something" We all looked around the notebook, looking for clues. We were inside a glass building, and had changed our clothes to look like normal tourists.

Zoe, Me, and Mike looked around, to see if there were any secret notes inside. After a bit, Mike found something. There was a secret pocket that was barely visible. He held up a piece of paper and whooped with joy.

Cyrus and the others started to come towards us.

"What's the matter?" "Mike found a secret piece of paper in the notebook"

"What does it say?" "It's the names for all the operations that SPYDER did" Mike replied.

I looked closer at the paper. It was a little blurred. Then, I found something on the paper. "Wait," I said. "Over here there's two new operations"

Now. Erica leaned in to see. "I think it says operation medieval and operation fire blaze," she said. "Now what the heck is SPYDER gonna plan now?"

operation fire blaze I thought. That gave me a clue. "I know it has to do something with fire," Carlos said, joining in. I felt jealousy overcome me when he smiled at Erica, but then smugly grinned when Erica returned it with a frown. Take that, Carlos.

"We've been staying in this glass building for so long," Cyrus said in concern. "We gotta go to a hotel room"

"Here, I'll pay you for the rooms" he then got wads and wads of cash from his wallet. "Now, where did you get that?" I said.

"Oh, SPYDER gave it to me. They were gonna first use the trick like they did to Paul Lee. You first think that they gave you extra money, but a week later, SPYDER stole the money back, including the rest of your money, and your bank account goes kaboom, if you hadn't been trapped in that cage, I could've had died after SPYDERS scheme because I was a loose end"

"Wow," I said, impressed at Murray's knowledge. "So, what hotel?" "Any" Catherine replied. 

We soon came over to a hotel called "stay America," and it was a 3.6-star view, not bad. The food was ok, though. And the wall was thick enough so no one can hear, and the showers worked perfectly. I chose a room and kept on showering. I was super dirty, and had no time to clean myself.  I stayed in the shower for about 10 minutes, and when I got finally dressed, my fingers were so pruned, they looked like mini versions of a cabbage,

I finally got dressed, then lied on my bed. The bed wasn't bad too, Although I still double-checked to see if there were any butt marks on the bed.

I thought about the wild adventure day that I was one. I was almost killed by a gun, almost died in the wilderness, parachuted down against my will, had a road chase with SPYDER and jumped over cars, and got almost got shot again.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I said. To my surprise, it was Erica. "Hi," She said. "I'm just coming to check you" "Uhm, ok?"

"I have a question for you," I said. Erica seemed sort of shocked. "What is it?"  "Why do you like Carlos so much?" I started to get mad for no reason.