Rude awakening

Kylie

Kylie

The almost-kiss kept me up all night. I wanted nothing more but to dig a hole and hide until Christian forgets about last night. I paced my bedroom, biting my lip anxiously. I could blame it on my emotions. I could blame it on his crappiest timing for a dirt for dirt. But I'd be kidding myself. No matter the situation, however overwhelming my emotions were, the fact that I wanted the kiss so bad glares at me harshly.

I don't know how to act around him when he's not being a jerk. Last night, he was... tolerable. Okay, maybe, way past tolerable. I suck in a breath and marched my way toward the door.

I turn the knob open, checking if the hall was empty. I let out a squeak when one of the doors opened.

"Why are you sneaking?"

A breath of relief gushed out of me. "Hi."

Chandra advances to me, linking my arms with hers. "Come on. Let's grab breakfast."

We headed down the stairs, my stomach growling when the smell of a wonderful meal drifted from the kitchen like someone has been cooking all morning.

Chandra inhaled appreciatively. "Someone's inspired to do some cooking."

We pass the living room, my eyes scanning the room. Matthew and Emma were playing with Miles. Audrey and Vren were probably on a morning stroll.

"So, it's Christian then." Chandra nods, turning to the kitchen.

I hesitated. But since she's hauling me along with her, I obliged.

Christian stands in front of the stove. My eyes stayed while Chandra's flitted to the table. "Whoa. Did you cook everything?"

She lets go of my hand and walks over the table where breakfast was set abundantly. Ichinandra wasn't exaggerating about him cooking everything.

He looks over to his sister. "We have lots of mouths to feed."

She counted with her fingers. "This is a lot even for seven people."

Christian turns to me. "Good morning, Buttercup." He winks.

My stomach flutters.

Flutters.

Oh, man, I'm in trouble.

"Breakfast will be ready in ten." He announces. "Don't wander. Wild animals are on the loose."

I rolled my eyes. "That's getting old."

Chandra clasped her hands together. "Okay, then. Kylie and I will just go for some fresh air."

Yes, that. That can clear my mind.

She holds my hand and ushered me to the living room. I did a backward glance, blushed when I met his gaze. I shake my head.