Slap in the face

Christian paces the nursery

Christian paces the nursery. He had carefully laid out plans for when Kylie's two-day break fly by. He's been thinking about it all day yesterday and hadn't slept last night. It's hard not to reach Kylie when he has his phone lying around. It took all his energy to leave her be. He had mental lists of how he could win over Kylie. They were long lists, except he had one stumbling block he missed. He doesn't know where Kylie's new apartment is.

He has to ask Audrey.

"Jesus, man. Settle down. You're making me dizzy." Nathan interrupted his whirlwind of thoughts.

Christian stopped pacing and looked over to the five men standing by the cribs. Cade made an enormous nursery, but with the six bulk of men watching the triplets sleep, the nursery was nothing but a janitorial closet. Cade, Vren, Matthew and Andrei's gazes followed Nathan's.

"What's up your ass?" Cade examines him through his glasses.

Vren did the same perusal. "A woman?"

"A woman," Nathan confirmed.

"Wait, really? Who?" Andrei chimed in.

Matthew sighed. "She hasn't talked to you, buddy?"

"I've given her a two-day break."

Andrei snorted. "Right. A woman?" He asks reaching over to a sleeping Chloe in her crib and touching her cheek.

"Kylie." Matthew looks down fondly to the baby boys, then to the lovesick Christian.

"Wait, what? Kylie? I thought," Andrei trails off, twirling to his direction. "Christian, it's Kylie?"

"Yeah, why?"

Cade made a noise that was close to a laugh. "I never seen this one coming."

"Just help me out. Vren, I need to know where Kylie lives."

He shrugged. "In her new apartment."

"Which is where exactly?"

Vren glances at Nathan.

"Why are you looking at me?" He frowned defensively.

Vren turned to Matthew who merely smiled apologetically. Then he glances to Cade. Turning away to Andrei when their oldest brother only did a poker face. Andrei shrugged.

He sighed, slapping a hand to his forehead. "You don't know, do you?"

"I'm that obvious?"

"No, man. It was a wild guess," he says sarcastically.

Matthew walks to his side and patted his shoulder comfortingly. "Just ask Audrey."

"That would be a problem. She doesn't want me anywhere near her assistant."

The four men made a face.

"My Audrey is protective over Kylie," Vren says, his nose scrunched.

Andrei made an incredulous laugh. "Okay, holy shit, why am I just hearing this now?"