Life Is Not A Fairytale

Mina's POV

I received a news from Nayeon-neechan that the new secretary has arrived and is now being tortured by my rude bestfriend. I want to see it myself and make sure that the new secretary won't quit on her first day.

I opened my bestfriend's office door without knocking. I was surprise when I saw them looking like they are in a movie. My bestfriend's arms around her waist, and her arms around my bestfriend's neck. They are looking intently at each other that they did not notice my presence. Oh well! This is a first. I must tease my bestfriend about this -evil smirk.

I cleared my throat 'cause I think their staring contest won't stop. I've been here for a minute now watching them, I just need a popcorn and soda. "Ehem". They pulled away. The new secretary dusted off her dress while my bestfriend just looked at me with a "what the hell do you want" look.

"I came here to check if the new secretary is being tortured but-" I smirked. "I didn't know it is going to be the opposite, so when are you going to ask her out?" I smiled with a teasing look on my face. The essence of my existence is all for teasing my bestfriend.

The new secretary looked away, red as a tomato. And for my bestfriend? Well, she's as red as the secretary.

"Mina, you should knock before going in", said my bestfriend irritation is obvious on her statement.

I then exited the room, knocked asking if I can come in. I did not wait for my bestfriend's response. I just want to tease her. "Okay, I knocked so I'll come in now". She just rolled her eyes. "So, Miss Secretary may I know you name please?", gesturing her to sit down in front of me as I was sitting in front of my bestfriend's office table.

"My name is Sana, Minatozaki Sana" she smiled. I noticed my bestfriend's intense stare at Sana. "I see, my name is Myoui Mina but just call me Mina. It looks like your new boss is fond of you" We both looked at Momo who looked away. Sana looked at me again with her million-dollar-worth of smile. I looked at my bestfriend mouthing "I will kill you later". I just chuckled.

"I should leave now. I just came here to check on both of you. It's nice meeting you Sana". While smiling to bot Sana and Momo. "Nice meeting you too, Mina". I walked out of Momo's office feeling good about something.

~~~~

Sana's POV

Mina walked out of the office. She's also pretty. Why is everyone here so pretty?

But Momo for me stands out the most

But Momo for me stands out the most. I should re-check my sexuality. I need to see a handsome guy. Wait -nevermind I'm not interested.

I released a deep sigh when my boss started talking to me.

"Miss Minatozaki, I will explain to you your work here so listen carefully. I don't want to repeat myself" says my new boss. I just nodded and took out the pen and paper inside my bag. Her aura is different from before. She's scary now. Looks like she is going to eat me alive.

I just listened to her while taking note of the important details. I badly need this job. I can't expect my parents to support me since I fled from them. I am not used to working my ass off. My parents always provide me with everything I need.

My first day went on with just my boss explaining things to me. I feel so exhausted because of the hostile ambiance she's giving me.

When my shift ended, I bid my boss a goodbye while bowing to her. She just looked at me so I made my way out of her room.

~~~~~

Momo's POV

Sana finally left. I don't know what to feel to her so I just showed her my usual self -always mad.

I fixed my stuff and shoved them into my bag. Went out of the office and drove my car.

Once I was at home, I took a shower and went to my bedroom. I did not bother to eat dinner. I closed my eyes as I feel so tired, I'm always tired even when I'm not doing anything, I thought to myself while slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Momo, Momo--" who is she? She sounds so familiar, then a scene flashed before my eyes. A girl caressing my face, genuinely smiling at me. "Ayaka" I said to myself, I can't help but smile. "Momo, remember when we first met? Gosh, you were so funny. You were about to ask my name but no words came out from your mouth so I gave you my name instead of waiting for you to ask" She laughed, what a music to my ear. "Remember when you surprised me and you wanted to me ask me to be your girlfriend but you just cried?" she smiled to me. "You were so nervous you just cried so instead of you asking me to be your girlfriend, I asked you instead?" She laughed again. I just stared at her while smiling I feel so happy I don't want this to end. But then, there is no happy ending right? Life is not a fairytale. In a flash, I saw the same scene that has been haunting me. The bloody bodies of my loved ones, they are lifeless. I called out, "Mom--, dad--, Ayaka--" I was crying I can't believe this is happening.

I woke up and it's 4 am in the morning. I looked at my window. There she goes again, she's looking at the window. The girl wearing the same dress as what Ayaka wore when the accident happened. The girl's head slowly moved and looked at me. It was Ayaka! I tried getting up but I couldn't. My feet won't work. I just cried, I could not do anything. I am so useless. Then I heard ringing.

~~ring ring~~
I woke up again, that was my alarm clock. I realized that seeing Ayaka in my bedroom was also a dream. I can feel my eyes are damp. The tears are real.

I need to go to work.

~~~~~~~