Your Smile Makes Me Smile

Momo's POV

I was busy checking on my my laptop. I felt my eyes are so tires, I didn't get much sleep last night. I didn't get much sleep ever since I lost everything.

I closed my eyes maybe to rest a bit. When I opened my eyes, I was in a different place. Why is everything so dark? The place is dark but I can see a bit of red all over the place. Then I saw myself. Lying on the ground, blood all over my body. I held myself and I was lifeless. I'm dead, I smiled knowing that I will be with my parents and Ayaka. This is the first time I see something like this. Usually my family and Ayaka, lying on the ground. Then someone hugged me from behind. She smells vanilla. I don't like vanilla but for some reason, I like her smell. She whispered to my ear, "Hang on, my love. You can get through to this. I'm here for you". Her voice is calming, feels like all my sorrow and sadness disappeared. My lifeless body that I was holding earlier disappeared but the girl behind me is still hugging me. "I'm here Momo, don't be sad now. I promise I will make you happy and forget about all your heartaches". I liked that. Her words. It gives me hope. I tried looking at her but she held me tighter. I closed my eyes again and when I opened them I was welcomed by someone staring intently at me.

"Yah! You! Why are you here?" I admit I was afraid for a second but her pretty face and expressive eyes made me blush instead. Yes, it's Sana.

"I'm sorry Miss Hirai, I was about to knock but I heard you sounding like you are having a nightmare". She also looked away noticing her face is just inches away from mine. She blushed too, good. What??

I cleared my throat, I'm thirsty. I started coughing. Sana immediately went to the small fridge inside my office and handed me a bottle of water.

I mouthed "thank you" before drinking everything inside the bottle.

"What time is it Sana? I mean Miss Minatozaki?" I asked her trying to compose myself.

"It's 2 PM Miss Hirai" she smiled again. Why can't she stop smiling? It makes my heart flutter.

"I'll be out now, I have a meeting with one of my clients. I might not get back here. You can finish all the papers today right?". I asked Sana well more of a statement and not a question.

"Y-yes Miss Hirai" she stuttered but still smiling. I left the room without saying goodbye.

The meeting was successful, it was already 7 PM. I decided to go straight home since I don't have much to do in the office.

I woke up at 3 in the morning. I decided to go as early in the office to check on some papers. "I know Sana can't finish the papers I gave her on time" I smiled evilly, I will scold her later and I know she will resign. Of course, I will fire her first. I realized what I said, thinking of not seeing Sana again makes me sad.

I headed to my office, it was 4 in the morning. I noticed that the lights inside Sana's office is still on. "What the heck? Why did she not turn off the lights? How about the maintenance?. They will face hell later" I thought to myself.

When I entered Sana's office room, I was shocked. She is sleeping. Her head is on the table using her hands as her pillow. Her computer is still on. I looked at rhe computer and to my surprise, she was able to finish everything. I sent the file to my email and gazed at the sleeping angel.

Her loose hair is covering her beautiful face so I tucked them in her left ear. There it goes again, butterflies. My heart is beating faster. "God, she's so beautiful" I whispered. Why did she not go home? Why did she finish everything she knows she can't? Why are you persistent and optimistic Sana?

My heart aches seeing her like this. Sleeping uncomfortably. I carefully lifted her bridal style, making sure not to wake her up. I don't know her address and I can't bring her home, there's no one in there she might get shocked. I laid her on the couch in my office. I remember I have pillows and mattresses inside my office since I used to sleep here before. I carefully put the pillow under her head and tucked her inside the mattress. I saw her smile but she's still sleeping. Why are you still smiling even if you're asleep Sana?

I need to review the file Sana made so I busied myself in front of the computer. Impressed is an understatement, when I finished reading her work. She's really good at this. I looked at Sana again, she's still sleeping. It was past 9 AM. She must be so tired. I feel so guilty for what I did.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on my door.

"Momo-chan--!" I shooshed her and pointed my mouth to the sleeping goddess on the couch.

Mina gasped and covered her mouth. "I'm sorry". She sit on the chair in front of my table and half whispered. "what happened?" I told Mina what happened and she was beyond mad at me. If looks could kill I might be dead by now. But I don't want to die just yet.

Mina bid her goodbye before giving me a warning tone "Take care of her Momo".

I noticed Sana is shivering so I went to check up on her. I palmed her forehead and Oh my goodness she's so hot! Yes, she's hot but not the hot that I'm talking about.

I panicked. I lifted Sana bridal style again, I know where to go. To the clinic.

My employees were all looking at us but I did not care. I need to send Sana to the clinic.

I did not bother to knock since the entire building is mine. I immediately layed Sana on the bed and called out for the nurse.

"Nurse Park cure Sana immediately!" I said to the nurse. Nurse Park immediately attended Sana. I was just there standing, watching what the nurse is doing to Sana.

I did not notice that the nurse is done. "Miss Hirai, you can sit you know?". She chuckled. I nodded and held Sana's hands.

"Is she okay?" I asked the nurse.

"Yes she is" the nurse smiled at me. "She just needs to rest, Momo". I smiled at her.

"And Jihyo, thank you". I thanked her before she went back to her table. She mouthed "you're welcome" while smiling.

I feel guiltier and guiltier as I stare at Sana. I shouldn't have done that to her. Why am I like this? Why am I dragging people to my misery?

I buried my face on the side bed while using my hands as a pillow, I drifted off to sleep holding Sana's hands.

~~~~~

Sana's POV

I woke up feeling confused about my surroundings. I panicked a bit when I noticed that my hands are intertwined with someone else's hand. The person is sleeping. Who is she? Is it Momo?

The person started waking up. I panicked again because it's really Momo. She squeezed her eyes and rubbed her face. So cute.

"Sana, are you okay? How do you feel?" she's worried I can tell.

"Uhmm I-Im o-okay now" I stuttered, I gazed at our intertwined hands. She looked at it as well but instead of pulling away, she held it tighter. We both blushed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I feel so guilty. I feel so bad about what I did to you". Oh okay she feels bad that's why she's being soft. That's disappointing but I still feel so happy.

I gave her my infamous genuine smile. And she smiled at me too. "What? She smiled at me?" I can't help but be mesmerized, this is the first time I saw her smile.

"Sana, keep smiling like that--" I looked at her, waiting patiently for her next words. She called me by my first name.

She smiled again, a bigger smile that makes my heart flutter. "Your smile makes me smile Sana".

And that's how I died for 5 seconds, I thought to myself.

~~~~~~