🖤Coffee?🖤 (fluff) REUPLOAD

"Thank you so much y/h/n!!" The little girl hugs my leg and the other grasping her little tabby cat.

"Of course, cutie. Be careful now Mr. Mittens." I wag my finger at the naughty kitty.

"Oh my goodness, Emi! There you are. Hello y/h/n, I'm sorry for the trouble my daughter has put you through as the student ranked three hero! I'm a huge fan of your work!" A lady grabs hold of the little girls hand.

"Just cuz there's a rank there's no hero job too small." I send her a reassuring grin.

"Let me treat you to something. How about coffee from the shop across the street?"

"How about I treat the little one to a cake pop and we can call it even?"

"Are you sure?"

"Most definitely. Come along now." As a high school student, after getting your license you are admitted to the student hero ranks. Just like the pro hero ranks it's just much smaller for younger aspiring heroes like me. The little girl clings on to my pant leg while we walk across the street and into the shop. Many people look up and start to whisper but I walk into line. The mom standing next to me with giddy.

"Could you sign this?" A boy about my age pushes a paper to me.

"Yeah, what's your name?"

"Hikaru." I take the pen from him and sign it writing a small note. 'Hi Hikaru! Its the number three student hero, i hope you're well forever! -y/h/n♡︎'

"Oh my god thank you." Before he walks off he stumbles over his feet, quickly regaining balance.

Soon enough we're at the front of the line, I pick up Emi and prop her against my hip.

"Hey what can I get started for you today?" The guy at the cashier asks, he looks familiar. Maybe it's the smile or his hair but he's someone I know.

"Tell the nice man you what you would like, Emi."

"Um, can I get a birthday cake, cake pop?" She mumbles into my ear.

"I'm sorry what was that?" The guy asks.

"A birthday cake cake pop, please. Ma'am what do you want?"

"Oh I said I'll treat you to coffee not the other way around!"

"Don't worry about it! Besides I usually don't get coffee at this hour."

"I'll just get a black coffee."

"Is that all?" I nod pulling out my purse. I pay for it under my hero name and we walk off to the side of the counter. My mind is still thinking about how familiar the cashier looks.

"Y/h/n, your coffee and cake pop." A different worker passes me my items with a smile.

"Thank you." I drop a 500 yen coin into the tip jar at the register. I put Emi down on the ground and pass her the pastry. Her eyes light up and she hugs my neck.

"Thank you very much! Mr. Mittens is forever in your debt!" She can make me smile so easily.

"Really, we thank you so much, the Hanagawa family doors will always be open for you. Anytime you need food, shelter, anything while in the Osaka area don't hesitate."

"I will. Have a good day now!" I wave at the two before settling into a chair by the window. I plug my earbuds into my phone and listen to music while I fill out my journal. I use it to unwind and reflect on my hero day. I have to be back at UA by four as a check in. The table shakes and I glance up. The cashier from earlier is grinning at me from across the round table. "Aren't you on your shift?"

"It's my break time, you? Aren't you supposed to be on patrol?"

"Hah, yeah. I just needed a breather. Did I tell you that you look like someone I know? Maybe it's your body build but something reminds me of him." I cover my mouth realizing what I said. "Sorry."

"Who do I remind you of?"

"Tape hero: Cellophane, I mean I could be right considering you are wearing that large ridiculous coat, I can't see your elbows."

"Interesting. How come you cans identify me by my face?"

"Well," I glance at his name tag. "Hanta, Cellophane wears a big mask he almost never opens the front."

"You like him?"

"He's talented. Has great control, I bet he's got a pretty face too." I say biting down on the end of my pen, staring at the blank area on my page.

"Do you want some coffee now? Sorry, I over heard you talking to the lady earlier about time and I'm just the same. Not too early and not too late."

"If you don't mind that'd be great, an iced vanilla coffee please?" I reach for my purse again. His hand stops me.

"It's on the house, I promise." Hanta walks off behind the counter. Before he could come back I was able to finish the page with my thoughts. My last thought was:

"I met a cute guy at the coffee shop. Maybe I should come more often? I should find a way to contact him."

"Sorry it took so long, my coworker was using the machine." He sets down two drinks and smiles.

"It's no biggie." I say shutting my journal quickly. He sends me a confused look and starts talking again.

"So what do you think Cellophane looks like?"

"What's with you and Cellophane all of a sudden?" My eyebrow arches in amazement.

"Well, I mean I think he's pretty cool too. But he's not that good of a hero."

"Hey! Don't downgrade my favorite student hero."

"Favorite?"

"Just cuz he isn't top ten doesn't mean he doesn't do jobs as amazing as the number one." I pout, crossing my arms over my chest. Hanta's laugh is easy and calming.

"Why is he your favorite?"

"He isn't sucked into the fame, he's in it for the smiles. I love that about him." I take a sip of the coffee. "This is great by the way."

"Really? That makes my day, hero."

"Y/l/n. Call me y/l/n." Hanta smiles and I think I melt a little on the inside.

"Well y/l/n, it was great talking to you, but as you can see," Pointing at the coworker waving him over. "I gotta get going."

"Bye Hanta." I get up at the same time and walk out the door.

"Y/l/n, you're back! I saw you on the news." Mirai greets me at the dorm entrance.

"All I did today was save a cat from the tree." Mirai shows me her phone screen. Headlines "Number Three Student Hero Y/H/N is Seen Settled Down With A Man"

"That's not even news."

"Well, who's that guy there?" She questions.

"Um he is Hanta, a worker at a coffee shop."

"Is that his number?!" She points at my coffee cup.

"What?" I check the writing. ***-***-**** -Hanta Sero.

"Text him!"

"Okay!" I type his number in.

Text: Hanta Sero☕️
Y/l/n: Hey! I didn't know you dropped your number.

When it sends the text it changes the name and adds it to an already existing convo. "Cellophane🥺"

Cellophane🥺: Hey y/l/n.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
I was trying to make it like a plot twist for little y/n, but the chapter became too long. Kinda wanna write a part two of this series.