Chapter 30- It takes one to know one

Please enjoy the update! 

_____

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

By New Year, everyone had gone home to their hometown. It was Jihyo unnie who was the first to go home. Of course, that doesn't mean she went home and met the family. Girlie probably met up with Daniel and hung out someplace. What happened next isn't really any of our business. Next was Tzuyu, that was expected because she's the one who lived furthest away from us. I actually helped her pack her things and I also escorted her to the airport. After that, everyone just sort of started disappearing on their own. I'd wake up to find the dormitory becoming increasingly empty.

And then on the day before New year, it was just me. That was when I decided to pack my things and go home. Preparing was quick especially when you're alone. You won't have a problem with being too noisy or walking in on someone naked, or just being a total dick in general. I guess that is one of the nice benefits of living alone. But of course, I'd still want to live with these idiots no matter what. I'd still pick these chaotic idiots over anything.

As I got ready and packed my things, I noticed I was mistaken about being alone. So I peaked outside of my room, but nothing was there. Of course, I had to have my guards up and check all the rooms. I quickly checked the room beside mine and nothing was there, when I was about to check the next room, I hear the toilet flush. I instantly froze, I might have really been mistaken about being alone.

"Is anyone there?" I shout to the comfort room's direction. Not more than a few seconds later a person emerges from inside the bathroom.

"You're going home now?" Mina asked me, she was fresh from a bath and water was dripping from her hair. She probably didn't expect anyone to be here too.

"Yeah." I huffed a big sigh of relief, I didn't even notice that I was already staring at her intently. "How come you're still here? I thought you're---"

"Yeah, I know." She answered me immediately, avoiding eye contact. She then walked towards her room which I assume where she's going to change her clothes in.

"Is your flight tonight, by any chance?" I ask her, I found myself wanting to continue our conversation. I then peaked from her door frame and see that she's already put on a bathrobe and is facing the mirror.

"Nope." She replies immediately. "My family is busy during the holidays. There is no point in going home if I don't get to see them." She huffs. This time, I was already at her door frame, standing and just staring at her.

"I see." I reply.

"You don't have to give me that look, you know." She chuckles as she puts on some moisturizer on her face. I was like a kid staring at her mother getting ready for work.

"What look? I'm just staring at you." I reply immediately, it was as if I was getting defensive almost.

"Like you pity me." She replies. She then stared at me and smiled, it was the first time she's smiled at me in a while. "I'll be fine, New years isn't a big deal to me." She then grabs the comb and started combing through her hair.

Even though how much I do my best to resent her, something in me just can't do it. Sometimes I even think it's unhealthy. But whenever I see her, softness just takes over me. I just feel all warm and soft inside when it comes to her. Maybe I feel this way because I know what happened between us was a big misunderstanding. I just quietly stared at her and realized how likable she is. It doesn't even take much to like her. Even with a simple smile, I feel like I'd melt into a puddle.

"Hey." I try to get her attention. She immediately stared at me. The moment our eyes meet I knew I really had to do something about us. I need to. I miss her so much and I just feel like I'm dead inside.