Be A Friend (chapter 28)

Thomas POV

I wake up to see Jeb sleeping next to me. He must have got off the bed in the middle of the night. After last night my friendship didn't change with him. I still love him as a friend. Whatever is going on in life is serious. I did like him once but those feelings have changed. Now I like Mark and maybe Jonah. Am still trying to figure myself out first.

Jeb is one of the nicest and most down to earth people. He could never hurt anyone on purpose. He is just a really incredible person. Lucas got really lucky with Jeb. Well if there are even talking to each other. I know there did break up at the Dance.

I remember that today is Christmas Eve. So Jessica will be coming over with her family. I haven't told her about Jeb being at my house.

" Thomas" I hear Jeb's voice call out to me. I turn around to face him. " Good morning," I tell him as he rubs his eyes. I grab my phone off the nightstand to see the time. " or should I say good afternoon" I tell him as I show my phone which says 12:36 Pm. " Oh, crap." He says as he lays up straight. " I usually don't sleep in." He says to me as he stretches out. I understand him I am usually a morning person.

" I should probably call Beth," He says to me as he leans over to his phone. " Do you want me to leave?" I ask him as I stand up. " No you can stay if you like," He says to me as he put the phone up to his face.

"Hey, Beth" I hear him to the person over the phone. I can only assume that it was Beth. " Yeah so for calling you early but I just want to let you know that am with Thomas." He says to her as I can hear chatting voice follow his speech.  I walk over to my dresser to get change. I could listen to hear what she saying but it's not businesses to do so.

" Yeah, I had a fight with my family again," He says to her sadly. " Yeah am fine. I probably going to spend a while here before school starts," he tells her. " Yeah, he's right here." Tells her as he looks up at me. "She wants to talk to you." He tells me as he hands the phone over to me. I grab the phone for him and pull it up to my ear.

" Hey Beth," I tell her with a loud happy voice. " Hey Thomas," She says as she pauses. " is he okay?" She tells me with a worried voice. I don't want her yes because I don't want to talk to him in front of him, but I know is probably concerned about his well-being. There have been friends with each other just as long as Jessica and I have been. "Yeah he is fine," I tell her as peek over my shoulder to see if you heard me. " Listen, Thomas, Jeb has a lot of family issues. This happens a lot. Just be there for him and make sure he is okay" She tells me so take some notes in my head. " Listen I have to go but keep my update him. Bye," she tells me as I hear the other line end.

" Thomas?" I hear a voice downstairs yell for me. I can hear that the voice sounds like Jessica's. " Up here" I yell to through the door. I have no clue what I should tell her why Jeb is here. Would he want to tell her whys he is here? Should I tell her? I am so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize Jeb was also heading towards the door because we both slam into each other. I end up landing on top of Jeb.

" Hey, Tho..." I hear Jessica say as she opens the door up to see what looks like I am pinning down Jeb to the ground. We all just stand there looking at each other for too long. Into I decide to literally jump after Jeb. " Umh... I have so many questions." Jessica says as she walks into the room and shut the door behind her.