Talk To Us (Chapter 31)

Thomas POV

" Bye mom," I tell my mom as I hug her for the 8th time that day. Today is the day we go back to school. I can't wait to see everyone again especially Mark. " Thank you again," Jeb tells her. " Of course, come anytime," My mom tells him as she hugs him too. " Do I get a hug" I hear Jessica ask my mom. " I see you enough as is." my mom tells Jessica as we all laugh. " Well I hope you guys stay safe," she tells us as the Portal opens up to the school. My dad and my grandfather left this morning to somewhere. I don't know where there went at all. " Bye mom," I tell her as we enter the portal.

We step out of the school portal. " We are back," Jessica says as she lifts her hands up. " Something tells me that you rather be here than at your house," I tell her jokingly as we start to head out of the school portal room. 

" Hey Thomas, how was your break?" I hear Mr. Martinez ask me. " It was great and yours?" I ask him with a smile as we still heading out of the Portal room. " Fine, I just stay here." He says as we leave and wave at him.

We start to head towards the dorms. " I can't wait to see Keegan," Jessica says with a huge smile on her face as jumps around. " Claim down girl," I tell jokingly. " Well, are you excited to see Mark?" She tells me as I look down. Well, I am excited to see him but he has been responding to my messages. After New Year's he stopped responding to my messages. But am still can't wait to see him. He might have broken his phone because he would tell me if he couldn't talk to me or not." Yeah, I can't wait to see him."  I tell her with a smile.

Then out of nowhere all three of us trip on our face. We land softly on the ground. But I didn't feel anyone touch me how did I fall? " How did we fall?" Jessica says as she rubs on her nose. " I can't find my glass," Jeb says as he starts to search for them. Then Jessica helps him look for them. That's when I see Dylan standing there smiling holding a pair of glasses. He must have used a spell to get Jeb glass. " Give them back Dylan," I say as I get up and get right in front of Dylan's face. "Oh, what are you going to do about it." He says as he puts glass behind his back. This guy is such a jerk. Am not sure what's worse him or Peter. I don't want to hurt him or use a spell. What should I do? I got it. " Alexander," I say to myself. Then I can start feeling my eye turn red. Before I can transform completely Dylan drops the glass and ran off. " Ahh," he says as he runs away from me. Then I can feel my eyes turn back. I guess that took. A lot less effect than I thought.

I grab the glass from the ground and hand them over to Jeb. "Thanks," He says he puts them on. Once he puts on the glasses. " That's better," He says as Jessica and him stand up. As we start to walk again I can see the dorms in the distance. It's so nice to be back at school.

"Hey, Thomas isn't that Mark?" I hear Jessica tell me as I look around. I see him he's standing by the door to enter the building. He seems to be texting someone on his phone. I guess his phone was working "Hey Mark" I shout at him. He looks up at us as all three of us wave at him. When he sees us he opens the door to the building and walks inside. "Oh," Jessica says shocked by this. I am also shocked by this. " Maybe he didn't see us?" Jeb says trying to make the moment less weird. He would never do that. That's very unlike him. We start to walk again to the building.  " I thought you said that you two were on good terms," Jessica says as I open the door to the building. I thought we were on good terms. Something must be going on with him. But before I can question this we hear some friendly voices.

" Jeb!" Beth yells out loud once we enter. " Bethany," Jeb says as he drops his bag and runs and hugs her so right that I thought she was going to die. Right behind her, I See Liam, Ned, and Charlotte walking towards us. So Jessica and I drop our bags and go and hug them. I go to Liam first and give him some skin before hugging him." What's up bro" He says as we hug. " Nothing much, you?" I tell him back. " Chilling," He says as I go to hug Charlotte. Before I can hug she put her hand in my hair. " You got the grass in your hair," She says as she tries to pull it out. " I had a run-in with Dylan," I tell her as I can see her get mad. " Jack-ass I want someone to teach him a lesson." She says as she hugs me. " Don't we all" Beth says as she opens her arms for a hug. So that I what gave to her. I look over at Ned as he is just standing there. He is not big on being touch so I just say "hey". " What's up," He says back to me.

" Hey what's wrong with Mark?" Beth asked me as we all look confused. " Yeah what with him," Liam says as he sits down in one of the chairs in the lobby. This is the same place we meet. Expect for Mark I meet him at the party that day. " He walked past and we all went up to go say and gave him hugs and ran up the stairs like we were going kill him," Charlotte says as we all sit down. " Yeah, it was really weird. Maybe he had explosive diarrhea or something" Ned says as we all laugh. " Eww, your nasty" Beth says as we all can't help but laugh some more.

" Well, that would explain why he didn't wave back at us," Jeb says to me. " So is he like mad at all of us?"Jessica says out loud. I would understand why he would be mad at me. Of course, I would be upset about it, but mad at of all of us that just makes me furious. " He would never do that. That's not how he is as a person" I tell them trying to defend him." That's not the weirdest part about it. He moved out of our room" Liam says. Why did he move out of his room? " Am going to talk to him" I tell everyone as I stand up. I just have to figure out what to say to him." Does he want to talk to you?" Ned says. I don't why but this comment makes me sad because it's true. Does he want to even speak to us? " You don't know where he is besides I think you should give him some time. Maybe something personally happens. Maybe he just needs time.

She's right. He needs time. But still, this makes me mad that Mark is taking this out on everyone and me. If he had a problem I thought he would tell me. I thought we close enough to tell each other things. Hope whatever going on with him ends soon, so he will start to us again because I already miss him. I miss him a lot.