1

Jai looked out at the village in front of him, watching the rain clatter down on the roofs . Many people ran inside quickly, screaming, covering their heads with newspapers or coats. Jai sighed, letting the rain pour down on him. He gathered up his notebook and pens and quickly stuffed them into his backpack, zipping it up before swinging it onto his shoulder. He then picked up his slightly damp guitar case from the floor and began to walk back the way he had come through the forest.
Half way through his long journey, Jai began to hear footsteps behind him. His hand quickly dove into his pocket and grabbed the rusty, old pocket knife that lay there. Flipping the knife open, Jai turned around only to face nothing. No one was there. Weird Jai thought. He shrugged his shoulders before turning back around to face a dark figure, wearing a hoodie.
"Um... Dad? Can I help you?" Jai asked, shoving the knife back into his pocket as his father walked into the light. "You freakin' scared me there." Jeff chuckled, pulling down his hood and trying to roll his eyes.
"Jai, your mother told you to be home ages ago. Where in hells name have you been?" Jeff asked, circling Jai, smiling all the while.
"I was watching the life in the village.. While writing something. And practicing my guitar." Jai replied, his lip shaking as he did so. Jai knew his father didn't like it when he for starters watched the villagers live life, and he defiantly didn't like it when Jai wrote stories, and practicing his guitar. Jeff wanted his son to become a killer, like himself. Jai was the first child, so he was the one who was defiantly going to take after Jeff. But, as things are going, Jeff was getting worried. His son was almost ... normal.
"Jai," Jeff took a long, deep sigh, looking his son in the eyes. "Why can't you be more like your brother and sister? Why'd you have to be the 'normal' one?"
"Dad, I'm hardly normal. No one in this cruel world is normal. You may think everyone is, but truly, no one is. " Jai said, picking up his bags and beginning to walk in the direction of his home.
"Look, Jai, you were my favourite son, but now Alex is, and do you want to know why?" Jai looked at his father blankly, and simply shrugged. "It's because he'll try and learn how to kill from me. You just want to play stupid tunes on that stupid guitar. And write girly stories. That's the type of thing I expect from Jessica. Not my son." Jeff grumbled, and marched on in front of Jai, pulling his hood up again and running towards the house. Jai rolled his eyes. He did't care what his father thought. It was Jai's life, not Jeff's.
When Jai finally got back to his house, he was absolutely drenched.
"Jai Woods, where have you been? I've been bloody worried sick." Rochelle rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she did so. "And I really don't think your father's happy with you. He briefly came home, but that was only to get his knife.. God knows what he's doing now." Rochelle picked up a dish from the kitchen table of the small, wooden cabin and placed it in the sink, almost smashing it.
"Mum, I was out writing, and practicing my guitar. Why should dad be mad at me for that?" Jai asked, placing his bags on the floor and sitting at the kitchen table.
"Jai, if I were you, I'd apologize to your father and say you'll try to do what he wants in the future. I know he can be annoying, but he wants you to turn out like him. I like that you write stories and play the guitar, I think it's wonderful. But Jeff- I mean your father just thinks that your forgetting what's been passed down. My whole family are murders and glitches and killers. And can you please remember that your father has no family left, but me, you, Alex and Jessica." Rochelle explained, plonking herself down at the table opposite Jai. "Oh, and get your stuff ready, we're going to stay at the mansion for several nights in honor of your birthday and our anniversary coming up soon."