the village ‧₊˚ ✩

i was woken up by a scream coming out of aang's igloo. i stood up and when i was about to get in, i saw katara.

"aang! aang wake up!" she shook him slightly

he gasped as he woke up.

"it's okay. we're in the village now. come on, get ready. everyone's waiting to meet you." she smiled at him as she was about to drag him outside.

oh, kazumi, go fast, before she sees you!

i ran up to gran-gran and hugged her.

"aang, this is the entire village. entire village, aang." katara said, holding her hand out at the village.

aang bows down and i smiled at him, but the others looked extremely confused and worried. and i can understand that.

i went up next to aang and i gave him an reassuring smile.

"uh... why are they all looking at me like that? did appa sneeze on me?" he asks.

gran-gran stepped forward and explained it to him "well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years." she said, looking at me.

oh no, maybe she knows about 

"we thought they were extinct until my granddaughters and grandson found you." she continued.

" 'extinct'?" aang asked shocked while looking at her.

i noticed that if we would tell him right now, he would be heartbroken.

"aang, this is my grandmother" i said, giving her a side hug.

"call me gran-gran" she said, smiling.

i saw sokka grabbing aang's staff.
"what is this, a weapon? you can't stab anything with this."

"it's not for stabbing you idiot" i said while grabbing the staff and handing it back to aang.

"it's for airbending." he says while giving me a smile.

he opens his staff into a glider with red wings.

i wish i could have a staff..

"magic trick! do it again!" a little girl shouted.

"not magic, airbending. it lets me control the air currents around my glider and fly." he explains.

"you know, last time i checked, humans can't fly." sokka interrupted with his negativity. again.

"check again" i heard aang say as he launched himself into the sky.

we all watched and i heard "woah" "awww" "he's flying" all around me.

aang looks at me, smiling as always as he crashed into sokka's watchtower. i gasped and ran up to aang.

"oof"

"aang are you o-" i wanted to ask if he's okay but got interrupted by katara.

"that was amazing!" she said excited.

"what's it with you people, interrupting me everytime i want to say something" i mumbled while helping aang up.

"great. you're an airbender, katara's a waterbender, together you can just waste time all day long." sokka said while grabbing my arm, i guess as an 'non-bender' support.

if only he knew..

"you're a waterbender!" he said looking at katara.

"well.. sort of, not yet." she said looking at the ground.