release the prisoners ‧₊˚ ✩

katara and i were standing at the edge of the ship, looking out to the water.

"hey kazumi.." katara started.

"what's up?" i turned to her.

"i wanted to apologize for being such a brat when we were camping, i guess it was because we were all hungry and i lost my tempter, i'm sorry" she gave me a sad smile.

"oh katara, it's okay, i know that sometimes i'm a pain in the butt, but you're not better" we both laughed. "so everything's fine, i wasn't really mad at you, well i was mad at you but after that i had another little problem" i pointed at my arm "so i forgot about being mad at you"

she smiled, giving me a hug.

"that was such an overwhelming sister-moment" haru came up to us "katara, there's someone i want you to meet. kazumi already knows him, they seem like best friends, i'm pretty sure he likes her more than me" haru laughed.

"that could be true" i just added, making them both laugh.

we walked over to where haru's father, tyro sat. i smiled at him, placing myself next to him.

"katara, this is my father, tyro. dad, this is katara, kazumi's sister." haru introduced them to each other.

"it's an honor to meet you." katara bowed.

"have some dinner, katara." he handed her a bowl.

"yeah, if i would be you, i wouldn't eat that, it's quite disgusting, but go on" i laughed a little.

katara tried some of it and nearly died of disgust.

"..it's still pretty bad though." tyro laughed.

a man came up to me and tyro "tyro, kazumi, the prisoners are complaining there aren't enough blankets to go around."

"i'll talk to the guards. in the meantime, kazumi, make sure the elderly are taken care of. the rest of us will simply have to hope for warmer weather." tyro looked at me, i nodded.

"if you don't mind me asking, what's your escape plan?" katara asked curiously.

"excuse me?" tyro just asked.

"you know, the plan to get everyone off the rig?" i added "what is it? mutiny? sabotage?"

"the plan? the plan is to survive - wait out this war. hope that one day some of us can get back home and forget this ever happened." tyro looked at haru with sad eyes.

"how can you say that? you sound like you've already given up." katara crossed her arms.

"katara and kazumi, i admire your courage and i envy your youth, but people's lives are at stake here, kazumi you saw it yourself. the warden is a ruthless man, and he won't stand for any rebellion. i'm sorry, but we're powerless." tyro started standing up.

"we'll see about that." i said, pulling katara with me.

___

katara and i both walked up on a small plattform on the open area, so everyone could hear us. katara started banging her spoon on her pot to get their attention, but that didn't quite go well.

"let me handle this" i put my hand on her shoulders.

i began to breath in and then i started shouting my lungs out "EARTHBENDERS! LOOK AT US!" and so everyone started to look at us.