avatar roku ‧₊˚ ✩

i got woken up because of a grumble, sounding like appa. i rubbed my eyes, seeing aang pushing appa.

"look, i'm sorry, but kazumi, katara and sokka aren't coming to the fire nation with us. if they got hurt, i'd never forgive myself. do get your big butt off the ground and let's go!" he pulled at his reigns. i laughed and stood up, walking up to him with my siblings.

"i think his big butt is trying to tell you something." sokka crossed his arms.

"please don't go, aang. the world can't afford to lose you to the fire nation, especially kazumi." katara smirked at me, making me blush.

"yeah, would be pretty boring without you baldy" i smiled at him, making him blush this time. aang stood up, walking over to us.

"but i have to talk to avatar roku to find out what my vision means. i need to get to the fire temple before the sun sets on the solstice. that's today." aang jumped back on appa's saddle, but sokka and katara both jumped in front of him and i onto appa's saddle.

"we're not letting you go into the fire nation, aang." katara hold her hands up.

"at least not without your friends. we got your back." i hugged him from behind. momo jumped on aang's arm, making us both smile. in that second, appa seemed to have noticed his love for sokka.

"EWWWWW!!" sokka shouted while being licked by appa. katara and sokka got up onto appa's saddle too.

"it's a long journey to the crescent island" the chief handed us some things "you'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. good luck."

"thank you, for your..." aang tried to thank him.

"go!!" the chief shouted, making us all flinch. aang shook appa's reigns "yip yip!"

appa was flying fast, but not fast enough. aang looked over his shoulder, seeing that the sun is rising.

"come on boy! we've got a long way to go, faster!" he shook his reigns again. appa growled and flapped with his tail, making him go faster.

katara, sokka and i grabbed onto appa's saddle.
"he's really going super speed, isn't he?" i laughed, getting a glare from my sister.

"ok, i see you, mrs. unable-to-take-a-joke" i rolled my eyes.

"it's not a time to joke around! this is serious, we're going into the fire nation, do you think this is funny?" she raised her voice.

"actually, yeah, i'm not scared of the fire nation, just their lord" i shrugged with my shoulder, looking at my brother, having his mouth wide open.

"you're- WHAT?!"

"not. scared. if u don't mind, mind your own business right now, m'kay?" i gave them a fake smile, turning away from them.

after a while of flying, i turned around, seeing something i actually didn't want to see.

"zuko." i said, gaining my siblings attention.

"aang, we got trouble!" katara shouted in aang's direction.

"yeah, and it's getting faster!" sokka pointed at zuko's ship, seeing a catapult, loaded with something on fire. i looked at it with wide eyes, turning to aang.

"fire ball!" i shouted to him.

"i'm on it!" aang shook appa's reigns, making him swerve right on time. the fire ball flew over his head. i don't know what it was, but it stank. we all covered our noses with our hands.

"we have to get out of zuko's range before he shoots another hot stinker at us!" katara shouted.

"can't you make appa go any faster?" sokka asked.