Chapter 2: Family Gathering

A few days later, Xia Qian'an also adapted to the present life he was living. After breakfast every day, he went through the Green Bamboo Courtyard for a walk. Sometimes, when he was interested, he would play the guqin there.

After visiting the bamboo grove, he would go back to his study to read books. Most of the books on the bookshelf were medical. After reading a few pages a few days ago, Xia Qian'an became interested in traditional Chinese medicine.

Xia Qian'an guessed that the original owner was probably interested in traditional Chinese medicine as well. The shelves were full of books on that aspect, and there were some traditional Chinese medicine herbs in the yard.

Xia Qian'an would go to have a look when he was free. Usually, watering and care were done by the maid Qiu Shui. At noon, Dongjì Xue would remind him to eat, but a few days later, the work was handed over to An Jiu.

At first, Xia Qian'an was embarrassed to be seen by An Jiu, and his heart was broken. However, his face became thick the more times... Ah no, he got used to it. Anyway, he had been continuously watched by An Jiu, so it was now no longer a big deal to have the shadow guard continue watching him. So Xia Qian'an gave up his treatment completely to An Jiu.

Obviously, in front of An Jiu, Xia Qian'an had a thundering heart under his calm face.

After lunch, Xia Qian'an wandered around in the Green Bamboo Courtyard to eat, then went back to the study to read. In the evening, after taking a bath, eating, and drinking tea, he lay in bed and slept. There was no nightlife in ancient times, so he went to bed early.

If he went to do something, it would be going to drink flower wine as the men did. Generally speaking, men would go to brothels to find women.

But this life was far from Xia Qian'an.

So every day was the same for Xia Qian'an, and then was repeated the next day. An Jiu never moved away from his Master, and with his Master's regular life, sometimes he was bored and thought that he was probably the most leisurely of all shadow guards, the one in the safest environment.

His force value was above average in the shadow guard camp. When he was assigned, he thought that he would not live for so long, but he did not feel that his Master's life wouldn't be dangerous.

An Jiu stood not far behind his Master, trying to weaken his sense of existence, head slightly low.

"Thump..."

Xia Qian'an lay half on the table regardless of his image.

"Ow..."

However, it was not his modern low table covered with plush cushions. He hit his chin with a crack, and his eyes turned red immediately.

"Master..."

"Uh... It's okay. Can I have lunch now?"

Xia Qian'an rubbed his chin with one hand and stood up using the table for support with the other hand. He was too careless and looked stupid again. His image of being a master was almost lost by him. Fortunately, his expression was preserved, Xia Qian'an thought without expression.

"Master, we have a quarter of an hour before you can eat."

An Jiu looked at his Master, saw that his eyes were a bit red, but his facial expression was normal as he rubbed his chin, so he bowed his head respectfully.

"Then go find Dongjì Xue and bring me some snacks to cushion my stomach."

Xia Qian'an, who didn't have much appetite this morning but had a bowl of porridge anyway, was hungry now and decided to use An Jiu's 'extraordinary means' to fill his stomach. An Jiu disappeared in front of Xia Qian'an without a sound. It didn't take long for him to reappear with a plate of medicine cake in his hand.