Chapter 16: Promotional Photos

"Is everything ready?" An Jiu entered the bedroom.

"Mn, it is." Xia Qian'an zipped up the suitcase and stood up.

An Jiu went to pick up the luggage and said, "Let's go."

One by one, they took care of the luggage, bringing only the necessary things. They could buy everything else there.

Outside the villa, the two personal assistants had been waiting for them for a long time. After seeing them come out, they stepped forward to take over their luggage.

"Mr. An, this afternoon's schedule is to go to the theatre group to familiarize with the environment and to meet the co-actors." An assistant with gold rimmed glasses gave a report of today's plans.

"Well then, let's go." An Jiu's face was blank.

Having to meet strangers in the theater, Xia Qian'an was inevitably nervous, and the more nervous he was, the less expressions he had on his face. Xia Qian'an's only assistant glanced at Xia Qian'an sitting in the back through the rear-view mirror. He couldn't see any emotion. It was better not to be nervous.

An Jiu held out a hand to hold Xia Qian'an's own. If he didn't have to care about the two people in front, he would have hugged Xia Qian'an to comfort him, but it was not appropriate now. When An Jiu held his hand, Xia Qian'an was stunned and smiled to himself. Only An Jiu paid attention to his emotional changes and comforted him so quickly.

Drama Group

"Director Li, the two leading actors..." They were half an hour late. Why hadn't they arrived yet?

"What's the hurry?" Li Fengyi looked at them impatiently. They were only waiting. What's with your expression?

The assistants and actors were getting worse and worse. They couldn't even wait. The director's assistant, who was far away, sneezed and didn't know why. Who was badmouthing him?

"No, Director Li, you misunderstood. I was just worried if something happened to them on the way," the young actress explained.

"What could happen to them?" Li Fengyi glared at her. Good words didn't mean bad ones, but they took great efforts to invite bad juju.

Li Fengyi's stomach ached at the thought of signing many unequal documents with Xia Mujiang. As expected, the Xia family was good.

The young actress didn't dare say anything more when she saw the director's face was bad. Li Fengyi had a very high position in the entertainment industry. Although he was a new star director and had not done many movies, he was a ghost in the field of director. Basically, every film he touched would get one or two awards.

Every drama he made was excellent, and he made many actors popular. So, even if his temper was not good, no one dared to go against him. After all, no one wanted to have a bad relationship with him in the future.

Director Li was trying to shoot a new type of drama. As soon as people outside heard about it, they had been waiting for Li Fengyi to produce it. Li Fengyi didn't reveal anything to the general public because he wanted to keep a sense of mystery, but the crew already knew that their director wanted to make a homosexual drama.

When they heard the news, the crew and actors were all confused. They didn't expect that the director would choose such a theme—was this really okay? Although online literature was popular and most people were fine with homosexual love in the United States, there was not a film or drama about homosexuality in China.

The greatest reason why most people loved romance novels was that when they read novels, they would fill in the plot in their minds. The main characters' faces were completely imagined by them. They could be beautiful if they wanted them to be.