Chapter 15: Choice

"An Jiu..." After reading the script, Xia Qian'an suddenly felt cold. He went to the ancient world, and changed the history of the world?

"Mn, it's okay." An Jiu quietly soothed him.

"We need to think about it." An Jiu looked up at Li Fengyi without expression.

"Alright, can I have a reply in two days?" Li Fengyi said with a smile. Li Fengyi, a middle-aged man, was obviously not better than An Jiu, a young adult. After all, An Jiu was the ancient shadow guard.

"Mn." An Jiu took Li Fengyi's business card and put it aside after giving it a glance.

"Well, I'll go first." Li Fengyi stood up, and the assistant director followed suit.

After they left, Assistant Ji began to talk. "The president said that you should make your own decision. He will not interfere. If you decide to act, he will arrange an assistant for you."

"Mn, I'll let you know after I think about it." Xia Qian'an nodded in response.

"The crew will keep it a secret as long as you are careful to not let others know of your identity."

"Mn." The Xia family was a big one, and they seldom appeared in front of the public. They were extremely low-key. Although he didn't know why his elder brother didn't interfere in this matter, he couldn't actively disclose his identity, unless it was an accident. After all, being a member of the Xia family brought trouble, which he hated.

Assistant Ji and the two others left after leaving their business cards. Only after Xia Qian'an and An Jiu were left in the living room did Xia Qian'an take off his mask; he felt uneasy.

"An Jiu..." Xia Qian'an's eyes were a little flustered when he looked at An Jiu. His soul had transmigrated to ancient times and came back. An Jiu came here from the ancient times. Was this an accident, or... Xia Qian'an dare not continue to think.

Did that mean that An Jiu was likely to return to ancient times again? This idea made Xia Qian'an a little confused and panicky.

"No, An'an." An Jiu hugged Xia Qian'an and comforted him. "If such a day really comes, An'an, you just need to wait for me to come to you..." I will come to you, nothing can stop me, not even death! An Jiu gently patted Xia Qian'an on the back to comfort him.

"...Mn." Xia Qian'an nodded and replied, suppressing the uneasiness in his heart, and constantly reassuring himself. It was impossible for something with such a small probability to happen frequently; even if there was a chance for it to happen, it would not happen to the same person.

"So, An'an, your choice is..." An Jiu waited for Xia Qian'an's mood to settle down before he spoke.

"Ah? This... I don't know. What about you? That director seems to have come to you as well..." Xia Qian'an was a little hesitant and tangled.

"I don't have an opinion. I'll follow whatever you decide."

"But..." Xia Qian'an frowned a little. He was dissatisfied with how nonchalant An Jiu was.

"An'an, what are you worrying about?" An Jiu heart slightly sighed, such an An'an gave him some heartache.

"I... But my illness..."

"An'an, it's okay. Aren't you getting better now?" An Jiu pulled Xia Qian'an into his arms and hugged him. His chin was lightly against the other's shoulder and his voice was low. An Jiu continued to clear the way. "And everything will be confidential. As long as we don't tell, no one will know."

He could feel that An'an actually wanted to act in this drama. After all, it was based on their mutual history—but An'an felt inferior because of his illness.